Senior Credit Risk Oversight Manager
London, England, United Kingdom, ENG
Tandem is the bank that makes the world a better place. We empower our customers to do the right thing for themselves and for the planet.
As the world adjusts to find its “new normal” we believe that people are taking a fresh look at how they use money. They want to build healthy habits that are good for their future and to use their spending power to enable a more sustainable world.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
We’re growing our team in London and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Credit Risk Oversight Manager to join us. The successful candidate will be critical to our success in 2021 and beyond.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) the Senior Credit Risk Oversight Manager will be responsible for providing oversight of 1st line Credit Risk activities as well as leading 2 direct reports in day to day 2nd line Credit Risk activities.
This is a unique opportunity to translate your experience within Credit Risk Management into a Fintech environment. This exciting position sits within the 2nd Line of Defence and will give you exposure to a range of consumer credit portfolios and a fascinating opportunity to learn how risk is managed in a fast-paced new age bank.
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You will be leading a Credit Risk Oversight team that will include two direct reports and is part of a wider Risk team including Compliance and Enterprise Risk.
The 11 strong Risk team contains employees with a broad range of skills from highly analytical to experts in conduct and policy oversight.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the strong and sustainable growth of Tandem’s portfolios
- Developing and maintaining the bank’s credit risk appetite framework, including appetite metrics and their limits
- Developing and maintaining the banks approach to stress testing credit losses
- Contributing to the bank’s ICAAP, ILAAP and other regulatory requirements
- Working closely with and providing oversight to 1st line Credit Risk management
- Developing and executing the 2nd line credit risk oversight plan, including thematic reviews, deep dives and sample-based reviews
- Reviewing policies and processes for underwriting, collections and account management
- Providing narrative on the key credit trends / themes to the Credit Risk Committee
- Supporting the due diligence process for portfolio acquisitions
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Experience of operating in a 2nd line credit policy and oversight team
- Strong experience with both secured and unsecured asset classes: e.g., unsecured loans, credit cards, residential & Buy-To-Let mortgages
- Strong understanding of credit strategy development across the customer lifecycle for retail lending
- Strong understanding of provisioning and loss forecasting
- Confidence to check and challenge senior management
- Strong intellect, excellent communication skills and energy
- Capable of working independently, taking on high-level tasks and expanding into detailed plans
- Comfortable with undertaking oversight / assurance activities and writing reports
- Previous experience of contributing to the undertaking of an ICAAP
- Exposure to capital preferred but not necessary
- Hands-on experience of Provisioning, Forecasting and Credit Risk Strategy development
- Previous experience of managing a small team
- Experience with impairment approaches such as IFRS9
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to think strategically and be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.