Currie & Brown is currently looking for a Chartered senior quantity surveyor for our Leeds office.
The successful candidate will support the Leeds office director in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) essential
- A minimum of five years’ technical delivery experience gained within a construction consultancy
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Health and residential experience preferred
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Experience of managing internal teams
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Supporting the business in the delivery of pre- and post-contract cost and employer’s agent services, including supporting both internal and external clients across a variety of sectors, projects and locations
- Handling the day-to-day management of new and existing client relationships, the management and development of Currie & Brown staff, resource planning and technical delivery of consultancy services
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.