Currie & Brown is currently looking for a senior cost consultant for our Peninsula region with the ability to travel and work on projects throughout Plymouth and Cornwall. The successful candidate will preferably be an independent consultant who can run projects with minimal support from senior colleagues. They will be required to work to a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
- Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients, including high-level feasibility and detailed cost plans
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments across various work sectors
- Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Providing support to the team leader/service leaders in cost management of projects
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors preferred
- A minimum of five years’ technical delivery experience gained within a reputable construction background
- Experience in public sector projects preferable
- Healthcare experience desirable
- Excellent technical knowledge and competence, with experience in a range of contracts such as JCT and NEC
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful, and flexible
- Ability to travel and valid driving licence
- Interest in the internal financial management of projects and helping to develop junior members of staff
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.