Senior Content Manager
- one of the UK's most popular small business finance apps with over 100,000 customers.
- loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered "exceptional")
- rated 4.7 ⭐ on Trustpilot. See what customers say
Make a difference
We’re on a mission to make businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. Our accounting app is already used and loved by thousands of accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses and this role is an exciting opportunity to promote a product that makes a real difference to its users and the businesses they run.
It's an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We're seeing a revolution in the fintech industry and government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
FreeAgent is looking for a Senior Content Manager to help raise awareness of FreeAgent’s award-winning online accounting software among accountants and bookkeepers, to attract and acquire new practice partners and to educate them about FreeAgent and how to help their clients get the most out of our software.
Day-to-day here’s what you can expect:
Working closely with the practice communications team, you’ll be responsible for supporting and delivering FreeAgent’s content marketing strategy for our accountant and bookkeeper partners and their clients.
Writing, editing and proofreading
- Creating content and copy that is engaging, valuable and compelling and supports the delivery of our marketing objectives and targets for our accountant and bookkeeper audience.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading a wide range of content, ensuring that all content is accurate, of a high standard and in line with our editorial guidelines.
- Briefing other members of the content team and freelance writers on content creation projects and delivering editorial feedback in a constructive and supportive way.
- Ensuring that the benefits, features and functionality of FreeAgent’s accounting software are expertly articulated in our content for accountants, bookkeepers and their clients.
- In collaboration with the practice communications team, develop, plan and deliver content plans and projects to meet marketing objectives
- Supporting the practice communications team in delivering against marketing objectives by sharing best practice, highlighting opportunities and maximising the role that content can play in a communications project or campaign.
- Understanding regulatory guidelines and requirements and implementing these in content work wherever appropriate, consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing content briefs and instructions for other members of the content team to tackle with your support and feedback.
Content strategy, measurement and analysis
- Contributing to the development of new content strategies and the evolution of existing strategies through data-driven insights and best practice knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of the metrics we aim to influence with our content strategy, reporting on them confidently and suggesting ways to achieve greater impact
- Developing subject matter expertise in the accountancy and bookkeeping industries, keeping a close eye on trends and using this expertise to add value to content plans, projects and strategies for our accountant and bookkeeper audience.
- Working with the Managing Editor, Head of Content and Awareness and peers in the content team to execute our overall content strategy, in collaboration with key stakeholders in the practice communications team.
As part of the role, you may also have line management responsibilities.
Ideally you’ll have:
- a strong background in content marketing, with a track record of managing and delivering content to support successful marketing strategies, and creating copy to inspire users to take action across assets such as email journeys, campaigns and landing pages.
- exceptional skills as an expert writer and editor, with extensive experience of content management, planning and strategy
- excellent working knowledge of SEO best practice and the principles of optimising digital content for organic search traffic
- the ability to make well-judged and commercially sound editorial decisions, and to position feedback appropriately
- excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to represent the content team among a diverse group of senior stakeholders
- experience working of with briefs and collaborators in other teams to create a wide range of content types (e.g. emails, infographics, landing pages)
- experience of creating content and developing content strategies for a professional services audience (e.g. accountants, bookkeepers, financial services, legal etc) would be an advantage
Annual salary £42,000-£55,000 depending on experience, plus competitive benefits package.
We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits which have been carefully selected to protect you, promote healthy lifestyles and give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
This role will be based in our Edinburgh office for two days per week. This space will remain as our collaborative hub, with the option to work from home or in the office for the remainder of the week.
Creating the best place to work
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it!
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple: just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you're interested in this opportunity.
Our selection process includes a phone interview, a practical exercise and virtual interviews held over Google Meet. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent reflect our diverse customer base and bring with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!