Senior Compliance Manager, UK Regulation
North Weald, HC
North Weald, HC, UK
North Weald, HC
3 days ago
Job Profile SummaryWithin Ethics and Compliance (E&C), our main goal is to support bp business groups and functions in promoting an ethical culture and work environment, and effective compliance risk management.
We now have a great opportunity for a Senior Compliance Manager, who will provide support to bp’s Trading & Shipping (T&S) business in the United Kingdom, in advising on UK and EU financial regulatory matters and managing relationships with regulators and supervisory bodies.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing regulatory insights, including regulatory horizon scanning and advising the business on upcoming changes to the regulatory framework that impacts trading in commodities, including but not limited to EMIR, MiFID II, REMIT and equivalent UK regulatory provisions. You will also provide subject matter expertise on FCA rules and requirements such as SMCR, regulatory reporting, regulatory capital and other applicable prudential requirements.
This is an excellent role if you have an exceptional track record in financial regulation, advocacy and regulatory change and are looking to make a difference in our T&S business. You will be challenged in working to digest regulatory consultations and formulate internal views, engaging internally with multiple partners and with external parties. Reporting to a Compliance Director, you will be an integral part in managing regulatory risk and relationships with regulators to support our trading and supply business.
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path and many others benefits! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Job AdvertAbout the role:
In more detail, you will have the exciting opportunity to:
- Act as a subject matter expert on financial regulatory matters within E&C for T&S.
- Take a leading role in formulating internal policy and driving external advocacy and influencing at industry groups
- Manage relationships with regulators
- Support internal governance meetings with senior stakeholders for T&S’s regulated entities.
- Provide regulatory advice on internal and external enquiries from auditors, exchanges, regulatory agencies, or others as needed and manage regulatory investigations.
- Promote bp’s Values & Behaviours and Code of Conduct in support of E&C’s Strategy for bp to be respected as an ethical company
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely guidance to the business to ensure compliance with complex external rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures
- Develop and deliver training on regulatory changes and compliance requirements and their impact on internal bp policies and procedures
All of these responsibilities include an excellent understanding of laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures and company ethical standards in key risk areas arising from a global supply and trading business.
You'll have relevant University degree or equivalent working experience.
It would also be essential that you have:
- Deep understanding of the energy commodity trading businesses and understanding of traded products, markets and strategies of both physical and paper-based trading.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of financial regulations, exchange rules, relevant laws and managing regulatory relationships.
- Experience of external advocacy in the financial regulatory space, including the ability to take the lead on reviewing and drafting appropriate responses to regulatory consultations.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate internal regulatory governance meetings
- Ability to understand and synthesise complex legal and regulatory concepts and translate for internal stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, courage and sound judgement
- Ability to impact and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, initiative and creativity to achieve identified goals, both individually and as a team player working in a global and fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to see the next step and follow through on operational detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills – capable of advising on E&C matters and adopting a variety of styles to achieve the desired result and build consensus with diverse partners
- Excellent analytical and report drafting skills with attention to detail
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy, while collaborating effectively with colleagues across T&S.
EntityStrategy & Sustainability
Job Family GroupEthics & Compliance Group
Time TypeFull time
About BPSTRATEGY & SUSTAINABILITY
If you’re a sustainability focused strategic thinker, this could be for you: The purpose of strategy & sustainability is to define a value-adding, sustainability-led strategic direction for us to deliver on our ambition of reimagining energy for people and our planet. Working within S&S, you will be embedded in the centre of the organisation bringing together strategy, sustainability and capital allocation into a group-wide framework and promoting ethics and compliance across the organisation.
Join us and help us achieve our purpose through:
A modern, dynamic and collaborative approach to strategy, sustainability and capital allocation – you will work with the businesses, finance and the broad organisation to support the delivery of our ambition, our aims and our financial aspirations. Together we will help frame and make the optimal trade-offs and choices for us.
A lens on sustainability as a competitive advantage – you will drive sustainability to unleash new business opportunities, growth and value to us.
Proprietary bp insights – you will focus on developing a distinctive understanding of global economics, energy markets, customer needs and competitors to support our businesses and strategy.
Proactive shaping of external policy – you will define where our company stands on matters of public policy – in line with our aims – as well as how we can contribute to proactively shape the external environment across regions.
Strategic oversight of our carbon management activities – you will coordinate and drive progress on our net zero ambition and aims.
Effective ethics and compliance as a driver of organisational and business sustainability – you will support our bp business groups and other entities in promoting an ethical culture and work environment, and effective compliance risk management.
Enabling our company and its businesses to achieve their goals – where our organisation holds expertise, we will use it collaboratively and constructively.
About the Company