1. Summary of Role Purpose:
The Senior Campaign Manager for Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare will be a creatively-minded marketing generalist with a strong, in-depth knowledge of building and overseeing the delivery of Marketing and Strategic Relationship programmes across the full range of activities encompassing both traditional and digital channels. The individual will sit as part of the Programme Management team in the Marketing Centre of Expertise.
Our Marketing Centre of Expertise (CoE) operates a matrix model of expertise in defined marketing capabilities and organised in clusters aligned to our business units. The CoE leads on marketing delivery, supports brand management, digital enablement and also provides account management to support the Marketing Business Partners (BP). CoE teams are experts in specialised areas and are deeply involved in co-creation and delivery.
As such, the individual will be responsible for working with Marketing BPs to co-create and then deliver exciting new integrated end-to-end programmes designed both to improve the firm’s position in the market and to ensure consistency with KPMG’s ‘One Firm’ market-facing approach.
The Programme Management team provide dedicated support to their business area and are responsible for building a robust delivery plan and overseeing its development including assessing creative, developing content, messaging and supporting stakeholder communications to ensure the effective delivery of the marketing plan. They also provide account management to support the Marketing Business Partners.
The individual will also be responsible for building agile working teams based on resource availability from across the CoE and Operational Effectiveness Hub (OEH).
Collaboration is at the heart of our new operating model for Marketing and, as a senior manager, this role holder will be key to ensure teams from across Business Partners, CoE and OEH work together to plan and deliver world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK.
The role will also include liaison with the Global Marketing teams to ensure campaign thinking is aligned to ensure consistency of messaging for key global activities.
2. Description of the role:
- Responsible for working closely with the Marketing Business Partners and the Marketing Manager(s) in their team to oversee the development and deployment of Marketing and Strategic relationships programmes
- Provide account management support to dedicated business areas
- Accountable for project management, financial management and resource (people) allocation of programmes
- Defining the optimal marketing campaign plan to deliver the objectives set including channel selection and role of digital marketing
- Lead, with input from the Business Partner, the development of the media strategy, content, creative development and agency management
- Role drives the development of internal campaign launch plans and the ensures that lead management and campaign reporting processes are in place and effective
- Ensuring marketing effectiveness and adherence to budget management framework.
- Acting as an ambassador as to the capabilities of the Marketing function to internal clients and stakeholders
- Support the Marketing Business Partners to ensure that the business effectively leverage our Marketing and Strategic Relationship programmes for commercial impact
3. The Person
Core Technical Competencies
- Understanding and track record in marketing strategy and planning processes, managing budgets and optimising the effectiveness of marketing spend.
- Expertise in brand and value proposition development, demonstrating ideas for advancing the brand and managing an editorial/content strategy.
- Excellent understanding of digital, event, content, performance marketing and account based marketing approaches and strategies
- Able to define effective approaches for the development of marcomms across online and offline channels,
- Proven stakeholder skills to capture their feedback and engagement during the development process to ensure key messages and client issues are effectively presented.
- You will be adept at managing and translating complex issues for diverse audiences.
- Ability to develop, enhance and execute relationship-building and revenue-generating programmes, acting within the strategic aims of the business to deepen and extend client relationships.
- Demonstrable deep understanding of business trends and issues to develop strategies which make a positive impact in our priority areas and add value to the business. You will identify and instigate third-party affiliations to ensure KPMG is the partner of choice.
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Previous experience of marketing to Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare organisations or the interest and ability to become deeply engaged in the client issues, themes and broader market context for these organisations is essential to be successful in this role.
- You will have a strong understanding of the commercial drivers for the business and be adept at using data and applying new methodologies, tools and technologies to develop and communicate insights.
- You will be creative, leading creative thinking, and stimulating creativity in others; constructively challenge new ideas to ensure they contribute to the overall goals of marketing in general.
- You will be a good, intuitive coach, able to adapt your technique and use objective feedback to enable others to stretch and develop.
- You will be an innovative and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to audiences of any size and to encourage others to share information and ideas in a group setting.
- You will be a motivating leader, creating a team environment that constantly reinforces KPMG’s values, focusing team members on a positive path and developing and managing strategies for deepening the impact of positive change.
- You will take personal responsibility for making tough decisions, acting quickly to diffuse or prevent conflicts and able to share resources and information to create teamwork across the firm.
- You will be commercial help to maximise the ROI for marketing and ensure its contribution to the firm; adjust plans to adapt to changing circumstances.
- You will be a consummate relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and serving as an advisor and arbitrator for escalated conflicts or unresolved issues.
3.2 Expertise/ Technical requirements:
- Professional marketing qualification (CIM) preferred
- Proven experience in capability marketing
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- A good general knowledge of the business, economic, political and social issues prevalent within the UK, Europe and internationally
- Previous experience of marketing in a professional services organisation is highly desirable
- At interview, you will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of KPMG’s key strengths and brand proposition
- You will also be able to offer constructive commentary on some of the firm’s marketing programmes Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare as viewed from the public domain and offer suggestions as to how you might create transformative change through marketing.
Source: KPMG UK