Senior Art Director ( Job Number: 213838 )
Brand : Estée Lauder Companies
Job : Creative / Design
Primary Location : Europe, Middle East, Africa-GB-ENG-London
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : 1st (Day) Shift
Job Type : Standard
*Please ensure to include a link to your portfolio on your CV or upload a pdf along with your CV*
Estée Lauder Companies are looking for a Senior Art Director to join a talented creative team. You’ll be working across the ELC portfolio of brands using data and insight to make sound and compelling creative, resulting in impressive ROI. This is a great opportunity for a big-ideas, conceptual Senior Art Director to get involved with some huge impact integrated campaigns. An important support role in the strategic development of the company's creative approach to support new and emerging digital multi-channel initiatives.
Coming on board at Senior level, you'll be joining the highly talented in-house creative team. Working closely with creative production teams the Creative Content Director, you'll lead on producing creative for new campaigns to producing creative from amending existing assets. For new campaigns, you’ll lead on innovative big idea concepts for fully integrated 360 materials across a range of media. In your day-to-day duties, you’ll be strategizing, generating ideas, storyboarding concepts, pitching presentations and taking lead on creative briefs in order to deliver best in class creative content across various platforms as well as leading and developing a team of Art Directors and Graphic Designers.
- Lead the creative process end to end (from conceptual ideation, visualization, creative development, execution and delivering) ensuring the vision of each brand is effectively communicated within budget and deadline across all platforms
- Execute original and best in class creative direction across all stills + video content for all platforms and end uses covering all areas of creative from concepts and set design to model casting and on set directing
- Lead, manage, inspire and coach a team to produce a high level of creative output across pre-production production and post-production
- Ensure output is to the highest quality, push boundaries and innovations in order to stay ahead of the curve
- Work strategically to drive brand awareness and deliver strong engagement through creative
- Establish and implement creative direction and team strategies ensuring it feedsinto to the department strategy
- Critically evaluate the creative process and work to improve to drive productivity and cost savings
- Effectively communicating concepts and storyboards through presentations
- Lead the model casting process from casting to model usage
- Lead and manage all set design and props
- Lead location scouting and management including all location libraries
- Forge and maintain relationships with photographers, videographers, agents, hair and make-up artists and other vendors
- Lead the model casting process from casting to tracking model usage
- Manage the creative direction budget, ensuring cost efficiency and optimisation at all times
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in beauty, skincare, fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant to Estee Lauder Companies
- Analysis and review post campaign insight and data in order to implement actions accordingly
- Create awe-inspiring, strong story-telling creative content creation/campaigns for all global programs that resonates with target audiences for each brand partner
- Lead with various teams, departments and functions including Photographers, DOP’s, Set Designers, Video Editors, Retouchers, Graphic Designers, Visual Merchandising, Copywriters during project development
- Support with recruitment and portfolio meetings when required
- Partner with Pre Production teams to meet fast paced timelines
- Integrate specific projects with overall brand standards and style guidelines
- Take ownership of deliverables and initiatives with acute attention to craft and detail
- Be able to present ideas to senior management team
- Position requires substantial related experience at a traditional ad agency or similar experience in a brand creative studio.
- Leadership skill a must. Be able to be mentor and develop the junior team members
- Good interpersonal skill is required., team play mentality.
- Conceptual thinker. Being able to ideate, present, develop, and execute projects from start to finish in highest quality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and can adapt changing priorities and creative approach.
- Great understanding of luxury market and be familiar with trends in culture, luxury arena, design, technology, user experience, and social media
- Is self-motivated and resourceful with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Meticulous and detailed oriented, both in your technical work, and in your ability to expertly present your designs
- Flexible and multi-functional to handle ever changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be agile and have the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects
- Understanding and implementation of animation and video production skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of prototyping tools advantageous (InVision)
- Story boarding, motion graphics and video experience
- Digital-mobile-first mindset and innovative approach
- Awareness of emerging trends in the region
- Global mindset and multicultural understanding
- Experience with all usage and media from social channels to in-store
- Drive for innovation and disruption with luxury mindset
- Experience working against global guidelines
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to Degree level or have relevant experience in their appropriate discipline and management experience.
- The success of the role will be measured by the delivery of projects to time and quality and the efficient management and support.
- Willing and available to work outside of normal working hours as required to fulfill the duties of the post is a must.
Estee Lauder Companies is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.