Role: Senior Art Director
Working in partnership with our client, We are looking for a brilliant creative team to come up with original, conceptual, digital and socially-provocative campaigns for some of the biggest beauty brands in the world
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You two have a passion for visual storytelling, culture and premium craft and you would be thrilled to help shape the future of beauty brands and communications. You like to work with brands that are actually doing positive things for society, hiring inclusively, casting inclusively and creating innovative products instead of just promising to change.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be working for the Global Creative Director of Beauty on global brand projects and campaigns. You will work collaboratively with a team of production creatives, digital and social gurus (who are all lifestyle culture vultures) to create campaigns for multiple brands that aim to push the needle in the beauty and lifestyle industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Smashing creative briefs from a range of global beauty and personal care brands with an agenda to always push the brands forward culturally, visually and into more relevant spaces. This will involve working with partners all over the world, with unique cultural needs, different perspectives and outlooks on products and culture.
- Thinking outside the box of the traditions and tired practices of the category to deliver unexpected, provocative ideas that always come to life in gorgeous, sensorial ways.
- Building on the codes and conventions of premium, luxury and lifestyle communications but offering us bigger, smarter ideas to push our brands into a more premium, minimal world.
- Art direction: Bring ideas to life with stunningly progressive and inclusive photographic, design and motion references alongside any sketches needed to convey the concepts.
- Copy: Even though words are your forte, visual storytelling is your passion. You conjure crisp, conceptual territories, worlds, film and animation scripts and storyboards in equal amounts of sensorial craft and cleverness.
- Live and breathe social, culture, fashion and some beauty trends so you can bring these into the work, inspire the team and motivate our clients
- Oversee your creative from idea into technicolour, high-detail production glory (pre-production prep, shoots, post-production fine-tuning).
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Six-eight years of experience with ad agencieswhere you’ve had a mixture of digital, traditional and premium
- Impressive, unmissable, unique creative ideas that have shifted culture, won awards or been highly effective or resonated with real people and sales. And the case studies to prove it :)
- Passion for, and fluency with, visual storytelling in the premium, minimalist, fashion culture spaces
- Digital first. You enjoy the challenge of making standout social comms, you don’t shun it.
- Production prowess. Just because you know digital, doesn’t mean you haven’t shot film or run model and product photoshoots. Your productions have a premium feel combined with strong visual and emotional storytelling.
- Experience creating exciting, sharp decks and presenting them with calm but confident conviction.
- With. Detail.
- Visionary and positive! You know that beauty, fashion and culture have a way to go with inclusivity, unstereyotypingand smashing down traditional habits. You want to be part of the team changing this, not just wanting things to change.
- Experience working on continental or global brands and campaigns is a must. Being open-minded about different cultures, representation and ways of working is also a must.
- Lead creative brainstorms with wider creative team, social, strategy and production creators and producers
- Help mentor and inspire broader design, copy, producer and accounts comrades to create and aspire to greater work
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial and agile: As an in-house agency, we have more access to live business operations, social media channels and customer conversations. We are often asked to problem-solve things quickly for clients, being very flexible and positive problem-solvers is very valuable and rewarding.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.