Experian unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
Are you looking for the next step in your IT career? Then this role could be for you. We are looking for a motivated self-starter, with previous application support experience to join our team based in Nottingham.
This role will sit in our Distributed (server) Application Support team, and you will be responsible for the resolution of application incidents reported by Experian's customers, and the execution of operational activities, within SLA, and to the quality expected by our customers.
- Provide accurate/timely communications to customers in a non-technical style.
- Respond to incidents and Operational activities ensuring work is prioritised in line with Service Level Agreements
- Investigate incidents and issues arising ensuring appropriate tools are used and processes are followed
- Escalate issues as required to initiate further investigation and ensure Service Levels are met
- Able to work with autonomy on incident and problem resolution, and also collaboratively with both onshore and offshore team colleagues and members of other technical support teams
- Ability to upskill and onboard new knowledge, as well as effectively share knowledge across the team
- Identifies opportunities for service/process improvements and presents for consideration within the immediate team
- Understand and participate in regular performance evaluation, ensuring stretching personal objectives are met, development plans are in place and regular self-evaluation and team feedback is evidenced
- Actively contribute to a culture that achieves the business goals, delights customers and keeps consumer advocacy at the heart of everything we do
- Sound analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience of Windows Server & Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and practical experience of one or more technologies (.Net, Web services, SQL etc)
- Knowledge and some practical experience of broader IT technologies
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to a non-technical audience
- Degree in a STEM subject
- Distributed (server) background
- Experience of customer service and meeting service levels beneficial
- Worked within ITIL framework
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it's really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay. #LI-RJ1