Security Officer (Days) - COVID-19 Testing
- Competitive hourly rate of £11 per hour
- Successful candidates will need to be available to start in role immediately
- Must be available to work 12 hour day shifts, on a 3 day on 3 day off rota shift pattern
- Must hold an existing SIA Licence
- This position is offered on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
To support the service delivery of the COVID-19 testing sites, we are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Security Officers on site.
Security on this site will be responsible for assisting those attending the site to receive a test. From manning the entry gate and checking that entry requirements have been met, to providing live instructions to the service users.
You will provide a safe and secure environment in support of excellent people care and leaving people with a good impression of the security service. Officers will deploy a calm and reassuring presence and above all else, a professional and authoritative figure to all of those at site. As infection control is an extremely important factor on this site, Security will be helping to enforce the social distancing and PPE rules. Full training and PPE will be provided.
Please note, you must be available to work 12 hour day shifts, on a 3 days on 3 days off rota shift pattern.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.Main Responsibilities
- To be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful always whilst carrying out duties to the highest standard
- To maintain and endorse Government guidelines with reference to Covid19
- Provide assistance and ensure that site policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all site documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all security incidents and emergencies are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner and in accordance with site policy and procedure
- Liaise closely with statutory authorities dealing with incidents and to provision of information
- Diligent monitoring and completion of site records/reference material including H&S documents, Assignment Instructions, Incident Forms and Site Occurrence Book
- SIA Frontline Guarding License
- PC Literate with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience of time management
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company's standards, to the contract
- Have a sound knowledge of Security techniques
- Fully understands the Site and local Emergency procedures
- Understanding of the computer systems in operation within the security section
- Understanding of the CCTV system in operation
- Understanding of all alarm systems
- Understands the need to maintain diplomatic silence
- Always understands the need to display an official but courteous manner
- Professional or further qualification in Security Operations
- Fire Warden
- Working Knowledge of BS7858:2013