Seasonal Grounds Person (Fixed Term Contract)
Are you eager and enthusiastic with a passion for working outdoors? Could you thrive as a Seasonal Grounds Person working in the grounds of a historic and highly regarded school? If so, read on.
Who am I working for?
Founded in 1604, Blundell’s is a co-educational independent school for pupils aged 11 – 18. Boasting excellent facilities and the best in pastoral care, we are committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all students.
We are currently looking for a Seasonal Grounds Person to join our friendly team for a fixed term contract from the 1st March 2021 (as restrictions allow) until the 31st October 2021.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £11,336 (for entire contract)
- Meals during term time (COVID guidelines permitting)
- Use of the school’s sports facilities (COVID guidelines permitting)
- Beautiful location with Grade I listed buildings and 90 acres of Devon countryside
- Free parking
This role represents a fantastic chance to work in our wonderful outdoor setting looking after our beautiful grounds.
We have a history of sporting and academic excellence at Blundell’s and host sporting fixtures against the best school teams in the region as well as international touring sides. As such, our grounds need to be of the highest calibre to enable our students to excel in sporting activities whilst also providing quiet spaces that inspire and support academia.
You will have the chance to gain valuable skills and increase your professional experience while making a real difference to our outside spaces.
What will I be doing?
As a Seasonal Grounds Person, you will help to maintain our school grounds to a high standard according to seasonal requirements.
Working as part of the Bursarial Team, you will be allocated your daily tasks by the Head Grounds Person and Head Gardener and will have the chance to get involved in a wide range of activities.
Your role will include:
- Cutting grass to meet various specifications throughout the grounds
- Hand and mechanical weeding and hedge trimming
- Tidying and collecting waste (including dog waste bins)
- Sweeping and preparing synthetic sports pitches and fields
- Setting up sport equipment such as nets, goals and flags and line marking
- Using a variety of powered and manual tools and equipment including ride-on mowers
Please note, the majority of this role will involve manual activities.
What do I need to be considered?
To join us as our Seasonal Grounds Person, you will need:
- To be dedicated and committed to providing excellent grounds
- The willingness to learn
- A responsible attitude as you will be working on school grounds
A full, valid driving licence would be beneficial to your application. Experience of using agricultural, grounds and/or gardens equipment would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Grounds Person, Gardener, Caretaker, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Assistant, Grounds Assistant, Grounds Operative or Grounds Maintenance Operative.
The working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 16:30.
The closing date for applications is the 31st January 2021.
Webrecruit and Blundell’s are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Seasonal Grounds Person, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.