Duties and responsibilities of the School Business Manager include, but are not limited to;
- Maintaining the school's financial systems as required which will include raising of Purchase Orders, invoice payments and account reconciliation.
- Ensure that the policies and strategic objectives of the school, put in place by the Head Teacher and Governors, are on track and aligned with objectives in both the Local Authority as well as other schools in the Hub;
- The post holder to liaise with personnel both inside and outside the school (e.g. other School Business Managers) to ensure that they are well-informed and using best practice, enabling them to give best advice to the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team;
- Coordinate the work of various support team members such as the Caretaker, SMSAs and Administrators etc. as well as develop the members of these teams to deliver and progress in their roles;
- Liaise with contractors and external service suppliers to ensure that Service Level Agreements are adhered to and service delivery targets are maintained;
- Set, control and monitor budgets and ensure best value for money whilst reporting to the Head Teacher and Finance Governors on a regular basis.
- Ensure that safe working practices, regulatory records, policies etc. are all maintained and updated as necessary;
- Work in compliance with the Codes of Conduct, Regulations and Policies of the School and City Council. A good knowledge of the existing finance (E1, Schools BCP: Orovia) and HR (Vision, SIMS) systems used by the school and Council would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate for the role of School Business Manager will possess;
- Proven significant experience of business, finance and resources management, ideally within a school
- Experience of SMS and BCS systems and understand school financial systems either in a business manager role, or a finance manager role
- Ability to relate well to children, parents, carers, governors and staff in the wider school system but also local government
- Experience of successful working in partnership with external stakeholders (such as the local authority)
- Understanding of how to build and support high performing teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational abilities
- An approachable personality with a good sense of humour and team spirit
- A good knowledge of the existing finance (E1, Schools BCP: Orovia) and HR (Vision, SIMS) systems used by the school and Council would be a distinct advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience, energy and vision. In general, the position will be full time and the hours will be approximately 8am-4pm, term time only.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and flexible School Business Manager to join a committed school where children always come first.