Safety Policy Manager, (AMET)
Based in London, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They are looking for an Safety Policy Manager, (AMET)
with 4+ years of experience with policy issues ideally related to safety (Children, Women, LGBTQI, vulnerable populations), as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes needed.
Joining initially on a 12-month contract, you will have the skills and experience to identify and analyze safety policy risks and issues, and develop and execute effective responses. Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in online safety policy, the proven ability to evaluate the public and safety policy implications of our client's policies, products and features, a proficiency in presenting publicly to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, and the proven ability to build needed relationships with key advocacy groups, policymakers, academics, and researchers.Our client is currently conducting all interviews online and are onboarding all new workers remotely. Job Reference: BBBH 19643What will an Safety Policy Manager, (AMET) do?
- Work with local policy and program teams to identify and analyze policy risks, trends, and issues in the AMET region and share learnings with all teams involved in policy mission in region and across our client's company, as you aid them in strategic planning, analyzing and responding to related legislative and regulatory initiatives, the development and implementation of safety related policy programs and the relationship with policymakers in coordination with local policy leads in the market.
- Contribute to policy development and provide product feedback, so they can continue to keep users safe on their platform.
- Provide feedback on the potential impact within the AMET region of their policies, products, and features, to ensure safety issues are appropriately considered in their development, and communicate to policymakers and key safety stakeholders in the region.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with NGOs, academic experts and other stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally and with comms, public policy, marketing, product policy, security ops, engineering and programs to elevate external knowledge and understanding of all the work being done to ensure the online safety of their community, with particular emphasis on developing safety programs events, and presentations needed by the public policy managers in their interactions with policymakers.
- Work with the Safety Policy Director EMEA, to participate in selected major safety events and online safety related meetings with policymakers as needed to communicate our client's efforts regarding youth and family online safety, as well as develop and reinforce our client's reputation as a leader in online safety.
- 4+ years of experience with policy issues ideally related to safety (Children, Women, LGBTQI, vulnerable populations), as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes needed.
- Strong collaborator with experience working with cross functional teams in different locations.
- Experience of working in the AMET region is preferred.
- Willingness to travel and to handle calls during different time zones.
Interested in this opportunity?
- Competitive salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
- Work laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
- State of the art modern office.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
- Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progression for top performers.
- The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +443303351710.