We have an exciting opportunity to join our Health and Safety team, based in our Gateshead Depot. This position is a permanent position for a Safety, Health and Environment Executive.
The SHE Executive will be responsible for delivering complete statutory, regulatory, legal and industry specific policy, safety and training compliance across all site facility areas and activities.
Working with the site management and central safety teams the SHE Executive will assist in developing individual site safety practice and wider network safety strategy, utilizing accepted tools and techniques.
The work will also include devising and implementing site safety meetings, campaigns, toolbox talks and referenced documentation for staff, peers and senior management, as well as championing site Environmental efforts.
The SHE Executive will manage the site efforts in incident investigation, reporting and close out, whilst also identifying root causes and developing control measures and management strategies as appropriate.
The SHE Executive should be conversant with all related company policy and current safety theory, whilst also maintaining an awareness of new ideas drawn from industry best practice or legislative changes.
- Provide support to site management to facilitate SHE and MHE training and assessment requirements, including planning and delivery within agreed timescales, in line with Company Policy and national standards
- Review and maintain the Whistl My Academy Induction & Compliance Modules and coordinate learning activities to ensure staff competence and records of completion
- Collate all training records and support the maintenance of accurate evidence of training and associated data via My Academy
- Act as the focus point for all site training (internal or external) across all shifts
- Report training progress to the site management and central safety teams
- Work closely with the central safety team to develop and implement national safety policy and safety campaigns
- Be a visible presence in all aspects of site activities. Promote a positive safety culture, practice and behaviour within the site
- Ensure control of contractors, sub-contractors and job registration, and liaise with site administration for Facilities Management
- Maximise site waste management opportunities
- Lead site efforts in housekeeping, duty of care and adherence to Company Health & Policies
- Control the implementation and adherence to Company Environmental and Energy Policies, continually seeking opportunities for improvement
- Carry out regular checks to ensure that all site areas are adhering to company SOPs
- Check and maintain site safety records and related statutory, regulatory, legal and industry certification to maintain compliance with all company Policies
- Lead process improvements and subsequent maintenance in line with company "OperTune" ideology
- Utilize Whistl H&S, 14001, 45001,50001, local site and Process Owner Group reporting packs to identify areas of concern and develop action plans to address any related issues
- Carry out SHE and facilities self -audit & compliance checks, highlighting and addressing any failures or poor practice concerns
- Support site management and central safety teams with audit & compliance identified non-conformance completion and maintain evidence of corrective action
- Attend and participate in quarterly national SHE Committee & Process Owner Group meetings, site team meetings and communication. Lead site level safety meetings and maintain relevant minutes and actions
- Oversee site security efforts, including the support of access control, perimeter security tours & walk-around checks. Maintain the company search policy and restricted items protocol and adherence, and undertake all reporting
- Have an understanding of Whistl's Business Continuity plan and policy. Support the BC Manager to complete regular site Threat Analysis
Health | Safety | Depot | Warehouse | Coordinator | Security | SHE | Environment | NEBOSH | RTITB | IOSH | Compliance | Audits | Reporting | MHE Instructor | Training | Health & Safety | Incidents | Document Control | Communication |
23 days annual leave which increases with service * Contributory Pension, including x 4 annual basic salary life assurance (x2 if you opt out) * Bonus Scheme * Eye Care Vouchers * Employee Assistance Programme * Various discounts on retail and entertainment providersEssential Skills
- Act in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with both internal and external customers
- Good communication skills, confident in dealing with colleagues and internal / external customers at all levels (both verbal and written)
- Work in accordance with all of the organisations policies and procedures
- Good level of English (written, spoken and reading)
- Basic maths education
- Ability to carry out and complete regular audit & compliance checks and reports
- Good understanding and use of Microsoft Office suite
- RTITB Accredited MHE Instructor
- IOSH / Level 3 Award in Health & Safety
- 3-year minimum experience in a relevant field (Operational, H&S and/or training background)
are a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.