MAIN SCOPE OF DUTIES:
Operating from the Residential Lobby, the Residence House Porter is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the lobby and common areas of the Residences, both interior and exterior, according to established standards and procedures. Greets homeowners and properly orientates them in the public areas and Spa. Provides quality service and maintains a clean and well-stocked Spa and Pool area. Aids with all tasks considered too heavy and delivery of extra supplies to homeowners. Adheres to and enforces all common area rules and etiquette. Forms part of the Emergency Response team.
RESIDENCE TEAM WORK:
As part of the residence team in a Four Seasons standalone residence property, you will have a unique opportunity to define and establish the operating model for stand-alone Four Seasons Private Residences. It is anticipated that we will be able to create unique opportunities to deliver service excellence, but this will require agility and flexibility in our roles in the service of our homeowners.
- Ability to carry out cleaning duties as assigned by the Residence Housekeeping Supervisor.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Ability to carry heavy loads.
- Spoken and written English is preferred.
- Ability to work with heavy machinery (e.g., scrubber cleaner)
- To check, clean and restock all residence area washrooms, residence lobby, business room, theatre, mail room, residence corridors and heart-of-house space (inclusive of office space etc.).
- Anticipates residents’ needs and takes ownership of concerns and requests; acts decisively to ensure satisfaction.
- Offers a special personalised touch when an opportunity is presented.
- Complete employee area and heart of house offices, terrace, cigarette post, entrance, loading bay area cleaning duties.
- Is proficient in the safe handling of all relevant equipment and machinery, reports defects and accidents to management immediately.
- Cleans and self-inspects public areas as assigned and in accordance with Four Seasons standards.
- The ability to spot all furniture and keep it in its proper place.
- Cleans all common areas including elevators/lifts, elevator/lift doors, windows, carpets as well as collects trash throughout the Residences.
- The ability to offer assistance to any homeowner in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies and uses them in a proper manner.
- Keeps Housekeeping storage areas tidy and correctly stocked and closed at all times when not in use.
- Must ensure working equipment is always clean, tidy and in good working order.
- To be responsible for reporting any malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness, set-ups and spa standards in the locker rooms, relaxation areas, treatment rooms, pool, and Fitness Center.
- The ability to provide information and assistance to homeowners and guests as requested.
- The ability to provide the proper and safe operation and care of all Fitness Centre equipment including pool, gym equipment, free weights, bicycles, and saunas.
- The ability to ensure the pool meets the health and safety requirements through cleaning and chemical treatments.
- The ability to monitor water quality by using test kits and reports any unacceptable variance to the manager.
- The ability to work closely with the Facilities Manager to administer preventive maintenance procedures and to limit equipment down time by ensuring proper use and care.
- The ability to report equipment malfunctions promptly and accurately.
- The ability to enforce spa rules and regulation with homeowners.
- The ability to handle lost and found items.
- The ability to regularly check locker rooms.
- Make sure all surfaces are clean.
- Restock all supplies including toilet paper, toiletries, towels, and hand towels.
- Ensure compliance of daily and opening/closing checklists by walking and ensuring all areas of locker rooms are well maintained, stocked, and cleaned to ensure high quality presentation and repair of all locker room equipment.
- To be aware and make full use of recycling facilities within the service areas.
- To have proper regard for both homeowner and company property in accordance with company policy.
- To report to Security anything or anyone suspicious.
- The ability to handle homeowner concerns and comments and find a proper resolution to ensure guest satisfaction.
- The ability to regularly inform and record guest preferences.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene, and professional presentation of all areas.
- Ability to read memos, communication log and safety rules.
- Ability to use telephone procedures as dictated by Four Seasons standards.
- The ability to communicate on all levels with staff, colleagues, and management.
- The ability to work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees.
- Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation. Support and assist on Employee Experience.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Management.
- To be accountable for the operations assets and personal actions.
- Make all efforts and base all actions to ensure that we operate the finest Residence in London.
- Ensure that we follow the Golden Rule at all times.
- To keep the lobby in a clean and tidy state at all times - including sofas, tables and stocking writing paper, envelopes, message slips and brochures.
- To assist the Residential Security and Residential Agents when required.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance – ensuring that your uniform is clean and presentable.
- Wearing your name badge at all times.
- Be a role model in this area.
- To assist in other Food and Beverage areas when requested to do so.
- To ensure a safe workplace by identifying hazards and taking corrective action.
- To assist homeowners and colleagues during a Fire or Emergency Evacuation.
- The ability to work shifts that start from 6am and finish at 23.00 or to work overnight.
- The ability to pick up and deliver homeowner requested items on a timely basis.
- To clean and maintain storage areas, fire staircases, lift areas and storage areas to the standard required by Four Seasons by performing such daily activities as: Mopping floor daily. Sweeping and vacuuming floors.
- Collect and dispose of rubbish (as to recycling procedure) frequently during the day.
- Dust and wipe all surfaces, doors as required Collection and delivery of discard bag to laundry room.
- To report any broken fittings or malfunctioning equipment to your supervisor.
- To carry out spring-cleaning duties as allocated by Supervisor.
- To keep all service areas, clear of rubbish and obstructions at all times, including the ice-machine area, which is a public area.
- To collect and deliver cleaning and homeowner supplies to floors, as requested.
- To shampoo carpets and upholstery as requested.
- To communicate Residence services to homeowners when requested by them.
- The ability to regularly inform and record homeowner preferences.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of homeowners and employees.
- Responds swiftly and effectively in any emergency or safety situation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assists Residential Agents with responsibilities and duties in their absence or due to heavy volume periods.
- Ensures that the Residential Public Areas are in optimal condition of cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Residences.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of homeowner information and designated data.
- Ability to be a clear thinker who can remain calm in pressure situations.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal; an additional language an asset.