Our client SES Water in Redhill, Surrey are currently recruiting for a Regulatory Accountant due to company growth. The role initially will be working from home with some flexibility in the future.
- Produce quarterly regulatory accounts for water company regulated business, full year external accounts submission to Ofwat regulator, using agreed cost allocation methods.
- Review of regulatory accounts with internal management team, with commentary on key drivers and changes.
- Laising with internal teams to answer questions from Ofwat regulator.
- Understanding and maintaining detailed knowledge of the regulatory accounting guidelines, and providing education to the business as required
- Regular reporting of regulatory accounts for presentation to leadership team and board.
- Update Ofwat models and tables on a regular basis as required
- Be the key lead to the audit of the regulatory accounts with external auditor
- Develop and maintain long term financial modelling greater than 5 years including long term debt covenants.
- Provide key support to the longer term financial business planning cycle as guided by Ofwat.
- Calculation of charges and invoicing for MOSL market operator for non-household customers.
- Implementation of business controls and procedures, including regular update of the accounting separation (for regulatory accounts) methodology statement.
- Development of timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
- CIMA or ACCA Part Qualified.
- Activity based costing and analysis of data
- Building relationships with external audit
- Regulatory accounts experience desireable but not essential
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to liaise with other departments to ensure efficient monthly processes.
- Ability to work across departments - both as a customer of other departments and as a service provider to others
- Enthusiastic to streamline processes
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision desireable but not essential
Salary £38,000 - £45,000
- Study Support
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
To complete quarterly internal regulatory accounts and external annual accounts to regulator obtaining audit sign off.
To be point of contact for finance related queries internally driven and externally from Ofwat regulator.