Location - North Devon
Salary - Up to £45K (including bonuses)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager to join one of the leading care providers in North Devon. The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years experience managing Residential services for elderly people. We are looking for someone who has a sound knowledge and experience of managing elderly residents complex health and social care needs.
The candidate must have held a registration with the CQC previously.
Summary of Main Responsibilities and Activities
Day-to-day Running of the Home
- To lead and manage the day-to-day running of the home and to act as person in charge.
- To act as the Registered Manager for the home in accordance with the Care Quality Commission’s Fundamental Standards.
- To create a homely, domestic and family environment. To be responsible for the organisation and implementation of general Home duties, directly participating and obtaining the full participation of all staff in the provision of high standards in the Home.
- To investigate all complaints, take appropriate action and report to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and company Directors where appropriate.
- To liaise with and co-operate with CQC inspectors and inspections.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct, encouraging and motivating other members of staff by personal example, thereby promoting good staff morale.
Service User Care
- To ensure that there is a focus on fun, good health and enjoyment, providing people with a person centred experience and to develop their lives in creative and imaginative ways.
- To ensure that all service users have a Service User Plan in order to meet service user need. To be responsible for implementing, sustaining, monitoring and regularly evaluating the agreed goals, ensuring that the service users, their families and friends / advocates are fully involved in this process.
- To participate in service users’ reviews wherever possible and to ensure that Service User Plans are evaluated regularly. To support service users within reviews and service users’ meetings in order to help them to express their views so that their needs are met.
- To ensure that service users are supported in maintaining healthy lifestyles and that primary care needs are met, e.g. GP, Dentist, Chiropodist. To ensure that regular appointments are made where necessary and to report / record the outcome of all visits.
- To ensure that the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the service users are recognised, assessed and met.
- To encourage Service Users to exercise individual choice and control over all aspects of their lives.
- To develop and maintain links and good relations with other professionals and external agencies in particular with Further Education Departments, Social Education Centres and leisure facilities in accordance with aims stated within Service User Plans.
You will need to be able to build and maintain positive working relationships, be approachable and but have the ability to work autonomously and on own initiative. You will need the skills necessary to manage, lead and work as part of a staff team with the ability to delegate tasks when appropriate and necessary to someone with the competence to take on the role.
Successful applicants will have a flexible approach to work with the ability to act in a positive and professional manner when faced with challenging situations.
ABOUT US - Discover Medics is a specialist recruitment & staffing provider in Healthcare. We act as an employment agency to recruit suitable candidates for the position mentioned above on be half of our client.