The Regional Marketing Communications Manager is the lead marketing and communications partner, key strategist, and project manager for assigned YPO regions and/or departments(s). This person serves as the direct link to YPO regions as well as YPO’s various departments, planning and scheduling the marketing and communications strategy, and managing all projects. This position will guide the strategy for two-way communications with YPO regions and departments, serving as their strategic guide, advocate, messenger, coordinator, and champion.
The Regional Marketing Communications Manager will support the Europe, MENA and Africa region. Candidates must be located and legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
- Lead the development of regional and/or departmental marketing and communications strategy for internal partners and manage the development and execution of the overall marketing and communications to meet the goals of assigned YPO regions and/or departments.
- Develop strategic plans and manage the execution of the proposed marketing communications initiatives to ensure the successful development, delivery, implementation, and expected impact of these programs.
- Provide leadership, input, and support to the marketing and communications department.
- Liaise with the regional directors, regional officers and department leads to develop integrated marketing and communications programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with region and program leaders to understand the needs within the market.
- Support the external marketing team in generating positive and proactive media coverage and content of YPO and its members, by identifying members and story ideas throughout regions.
- Amplify content that engages audiences and leads to measurable action via Connect and other YPO internal and external channels.
- Work with the YPO.org team to ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly and that the local/regional experience is represented in a meaningful way for prospective members.
- Ensure that all projects meet the high standards set by YPO and support YPO’s long-term mission.
- Create and enforce production schedules for on-time delivery of projects.
- Partner with marketing colleagues to monitor performance through KPI dashboards.
- Work with leadership to reach agreement on budget for the year and quarterly program spending.
- Select and manage agencies, contractors, and vendors as required to support marketing activities.
Drive the delivery of the marketing and communications plan through the following activities:
- Development and management of a strategic marketing communications plan to enhance the value of YPO membership and improve communication within chapters and regions champions and members.
- Development of marketing materials, tools, content to support the needs of YPO regional teams.
- Engage with internal leaders to help identify key story ideas and media partnerships.
- Support membership renewal programs as needed.
- Work with regional teams in supporting local events, educational and media opportunities.
- Work with social media, public relations, and communications teams to identify and communicate regional and departmental activity across multiple platforms.
- Enforce YPO style in all printed and electronic communications.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and engage a global network of C-level executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy with the ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of associates, members, and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience building and executing results-driven marketing and communications plans.
- Creative problem solving with a passion for innovation, ability to develop new programs and processes. Anticipates stakeholder needs and delivers with clarity.
- Confident in offering creative solutions and navigating conflict.
- Strategic thinker with ability to discern relevant information for different audiences or stakeholders.
- Able to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural organization with global members and associates; demonstrated sensitivity and awareness of cultural nuances.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with ability to present effectively; writing samples will be requested.
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing tools.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with email marketing strategy and platforms.
- Experience developing strategic marketing and communications plans and programs for multiple regions or global audiences.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure while managing multiple projects.
- Proven ability to problem solve and demonstrate flexibility in a changing environment of priorities.
- Experience with marketing communications in a membership organization or association is a plus.
- Experience with media relations or pitching media is a plus.
- Experience using CRM systems to measure and report return-on-investment for campaigns and other activities against set objectives.
- BA/BS degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five-plus years of communications, marketing or related experience.
- Ability to travel 25% within region (EUR, MENA, Africa) and internationally. (All YPO travel is currently suspended and will not resume until is safe to do so. This role will eventually require travel, all candidates must be able to travel.)
YPO is an equal opportunity employer. YPO takes pride in supporting a diverse workforce and demonstrates this through its policies and practices. YPO does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.