Balance Street Practice
The closing date is 28 June 2021
Balance Street Practice is seeking a full-time/ part-time receptionist to join our busy and friendly team.
The role requires flexible working between the hours of 7.30am Start or an 8.00pm Finish- Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will have excellent IT skills; knowledge of EMIS would be desirable. Experience in a similar role is necessary. The role requires working in a busy surgery, answering calls with excellent communication and customer service skills.
Main duties of the job
service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Balance Street Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
Balance Street Practice serves approximately 14,000 patients. Our reception team is currently made up of5 part-time and3 full-time receptionists.
We are a dispensing practice for over 6,000 of our patients and offer outreach services from University Derby and Burton hospital (UDBH). We also run independent services such as Audiology, Ultrasound, private physiotherapy and osteopathy.
- Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen.
- Ensure records are kept in good repair with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible.
- Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff.
- Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients.
- When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off and the alarm activated.
- Experience of working with a team Able to prioritise workloads Dealing with a range of enquiries Able to deal with difficult and confrontational situations Dealing with Emergency situations Dealing with confidential information Experience of a busy working environment Knowledge of the NHS.
- Experience of answering calls, transferring calls and taking messages
- Previous experience of working in Primary care
- Familiar with the EMIS booking system
- Knowledge of AccuRx
- Experience of Medical terminology
- Basic IT skills in Word and Excel
- Preferably five GCSE's (A*-C), including English and math.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Balance Street Practice