Quality Engineering Manager
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, SCT
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right.
That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for a Quality Engineering Manager to provide quality & testing expertise to our Rewards, Loyalty and Promotions (RLP) Engineering teams. You will be responsible for the execution of the team and the management of the QEs that report into your team. You will own the co-ordination of QEs to testing projects across development teams in the RLP product vertical.
You will implement a relatively efficient operating model for testing experts to help within adjacent product / service development verticals. You will also own the day-to-day management of software delivery of test infrastructure. You help scope development efforts, identify risks, and effectively prioritise deliverables. You make sure your team has adequate time to design the right solutions.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Software Engineering Manager within the QE function, reporting into the Head of Quality Engineering, you’ll be working closely with our Quality Engineers day-to-day to support and mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges. You’ll help find opportunities focused on providing the best employee experience while balancing delivery of capabilities that work at scale. You’ll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. You’ll raise and help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
- You coordinate Quality Engineers (QEs) to testing projects across RLP Engineering.
- You are accountable for the team's structure, operating model, test infrastructure, and strategic direction.
- You set up your team to offer a wide range of risk mitigation techniques that span across pre and post production testing and apply these appropriately.
- You keep abreast of adjacent across a verticals roadmaps, how these breaks down across teams and you find a balance between influencing and soliciting requirements, with Software Engineering managers peers, on best course of action for test strategies.
- You set in a working culture with Software Engineering Manager peers in RLP engineering teams to ensure that development teams self serve in matters of testing in a broader set of more complex changes.
- You ensure that there are appropriately detailed and concise test plans for large or higher risk development projects.
- You improve software development process efficiency, metrics, test and work closely on operational excellence programs within RLP.
- You will work closely with our commercial and product teams to review results and identify areas to improve in the quality of the RLP delivery post and pre-launch.
- You influence appropriately detailed and concise test result artefacts for all change.
- You drive the simplification and optimisation of project delivery. You structure efforts to reduce your team's exposure to classic failure models (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, insufficient testing).
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Experience in managing delivery of software initiatives.
- A strong technology background delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager.
- Communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated strong experience in effective test planning and execution.
- Demonstrated strong experience in delivering high quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’ll exhibit best behaviour and exemplify our company behaviours.
- Demonstrable strong experience of testing in service oriented architectures and understanding data flow through such systems.
- You can demonstrate/illustrate an understanding of relatively advanced solution architecture including system design, data design and data flow.
- Understanding of build and configuration tools such as Jenkins and Puppet.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how they are applied in software development.
- Proven clear and confident communication skills.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.