SB Components based in Wisbech is currently looking for a Quality and Health & Safety Manager.
The Quality and Health & Safety will be responsible for the safe working practices of the site, ensuring a quality end product at all times. The job holder provides advice and support on legislation and guidance for the team regarding H&S and quality. The job holder works in collaboration with the other stakeholders within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily support for Site Operations Director on all Quality and H&S matters.
- To ensure compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety legislation.
- Working with line management on adherence to Type Approval procedures.
- On-site support for GHSM delivering projects in line with group activity
- Champion for ISO activity supporting HGQTA and team.
- Member of Health & Safety committee, deputy to GHSM.
- Internal auditor for regular auditing on ISO compliance.
- Carry out ASIs alongside, and independently of, the GHSM.
- Organisation of relevant training courses for maintaining and improving skill/knowledge of workforce in regard to Quality and H&S.
- To support the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff
- To ensure the site remains compliant with all relevant legislation and industry requirements at all times.
- Ensure that the QMS conforms to the requirements of the international standard.
- Member of daily production meeting.
- Reporting on performance of the QMS including opportunities for improvement in particular to top management.
- Ensure that the integrity of the QMS is maintained when changes to the QMS are planned and implemented.
- Any other duty as directed by the Operations Director
Experience, knowledge & skills
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification
- ISO accreditation experience
- Previous management experience
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant engineering qualification
- Previous experience working in a transport build engineering environment
Anyone interested should email their CV to email@example.com quoting Quality and Health & Safety Manager in the subject line.