30+ days ago
Enhance Experian's world-leading decision management PowerCurve software suite to better serve some of the world's largest blue-chip companies.
Collaborate in a new Agile Scrum team, focussed primarily on UI development, integrated within a truly global, culturally diverse software group.
Validate software features and the way in which they are deployed and consumed by clients and the wider Delivery organisation, with an emphasis on both automation and new technology adoption.
Work with and learn the most exciting technologies in data, analytics and decisioning. You will be challenged to drive our products forward, ensuring software is stable, secure, and performant as standard.
Experian is committed to making our QA professionals as successful as possible by fostering an autonomous, dynamic team environment. We also provide relevant training, and support practices such as pair-programming, shared learning events (internal and external) and innovation days.
• Facilitate and contribute to story evolution; from conversation starters through to true Definition of Done implementations.
• Active participation in Scrum rituals, with an emphasis on iterative improvement and shared team goals.
• Ensure software is correctly designed and tested throughout the development lifecycle.
• Involvement in the creation and review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications, performance, scalability, usability, and security compliance testing.
• Work with the Product Owner to ensure features meet end-user needs. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with design and implementation of new features.
• Develop automated test cases, with supporting data to meet business requirements. Incorporate appropriate level tests into the Continuous Delivery pipeline.
• Promotion of best practice testing within the team.
• Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that committed work is completed to DoD.
• Engage with the wider global group to ensure programme-level functional quality, performance and supportability.
• Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
• Maintain and improve existing system documentation.
You are an Agile practitioner with a strong background in software testing and enterprise technology. Problem-solving and creative design solutions are second nature - you apply the most relevant skills, and seek to learn new ones, to complete highly complex tasks.
You are enthused about testing methodologies, frameworks, libraries and tools.
You provide testing guidance in the evolution of stories at all points within the SDLC. You are very conscious of providing your end consumer the best experience.
You learn fast and have a desire to share knowledge effectively. You possess an astute business awareness to understand 'why' we are doing something.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Proven experience in Quality Assurance
• Practical experience of using agile development methodologies.
Technologies, Languages, frameworks:
• Experience and exposure to as many of the following as possible would be advantageous:
• Test case creation, execution and management of functional, automated and performance tests..
• Good knowledge of automation testing tools/frameworks such as QFTest, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, SoapUI, JMeter.
• Experience with programmatic test creation. Usage of programming languages and technologies such as Java, Groovy, Jython and Swagger.
• Browser compatibility and mobile device compatibility testing.
• Test-driven development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD), unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing.
• Knowledge of automated build / Continuous Integration platforms, e.g. Maven and Jenkins.
• Atlassian product suite (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) or other Agile work item management tools.
• Usage of SOAP, REST, XML, JSON.