Elevation are delighted to represent a world class manufacturing business as they look to hire a Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager who will lead the Purchasing Department in overseeing and developing a comprehensive strategy for performance.
With a global presence, this is a career defining opportunity for a Procurement and Supply Chain Professional to add a widely recognised business to your resume. A key role within the organisation, this role will be responsible for the accountability and maintenance of the supplier base, developing a Purchasing team, as well as leading all commercial opportunities to ensure efficient purchase and scheduling of material at the lowest overall cost. You will manage a portfolio of suppliers, leading and negotiating for contracts and help to develop a global supply chain, reducing risk where possible.
A background in Automotive or Construction, coupled with MCIPS (or working towards) would be desirable for this role, alongside a proven history within a similar senior Purchasing or Commodity Management role.
Purchasing experience with fabrications, castings, machined components, electrical assemblies, engines or power system components will be essential to the role.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers with a spend ranging from £50M-£100M
- Lead all negotiations to secure contracts for new and existing supplier base
- Support New Product Introduction projects where possible
- Implement new projects and processes within a complex organisation on an international scale
- Maintain highest supplier performance against set KPIs, feeding back and improving when needed
- Develop and identify skill gaps in purchasing department, up skilling where possible
- Provide strategic direction, coaching, motivation and lead self-development of site-based purchasing team members
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain would be keen to speak with candidates who have the following skills and experiences:
- Purchasing experience with fabrications, castings, machined components, electrical assemblies, engines or power system components will be essential to the role
- MCIPS Qualified of working towards
- Proven experience in Senior Procurement role with group level negotiations
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Familiar with lean manufacturing tools
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on engineering, operational and technical positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.