We are a specialist professional services and technology firm, working in partnership with leading insurance, highly regulated and global businesses. We help our clients to manage risk, operate their core business processes, transform and grow. We deliver operations, consulting and technology solutions across the risk and insurance value chain, including excellence in claims, underwriting, distribution, regulation, customer experience, human capital, transformation & change management.
Our global team of more than 3,700 professionals operate across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada & Bermuda.
Rewards and Recognition
Davies Group embraces innovation and run an annual competition to generate new business projects.2021’s top 10 finalists will travel to Nashville in Tennessee, USA where they will pitch their ideas to our investors, HGGC. The winner will receive funding to bring their idea to life, as well as rewards for the runners up, some of our colleagues have moved across into brand new positions to further develop their ideas/projects!
Other benefits include:
- Pension – 5% matched contribution.
- Life Assurance (2 x basic salary)
- Free local parking permit – dependent on office location.
- Leadership, professional training & support with professional qualifications.
- Development programmes & institute memberships.
- Season ticket & travel loans.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Eyecare & spectacles vouchers.
- Premium Headspace membership – for more information click here.
- Discounts on short term car insurance, the Guardian newspaper, National Tyre & Autocentre and more!
As Project Engineer you will assist the IT Technical Delivery Manager in the delivery, monitoring and transition of IT infrastructure to support Group delivery of projects across Claims Solutions, Insurance Services and Customer Solutions.
Agile working is in place due to Covid-19. Once things get back to normal, you will be required to visit the Office a minimum of once a week.
40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist IT Service Operations Manager in the delivery and support of the IT Infrastructure to support Group Operations
- Manage circa 3,000 Service Desk tickets per month. Resolving, triaging and assigning to correct support teams where necessary
- Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents
- Create a high performing and collaborative culture by demonstrating a drive for continuous improvement, showing commitment and motivation to achieve results and improve overall departmental effectiveness
- Plan and optimise resource utilisation to meet set KPIs and SLAs. Providing efficient, timely and effective remedies to end user IT incidents and requests, ensuring that business disruption is minimised, and high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained
- Support will be delivered in line with approved Group processes and agreed SLAs
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk technicians (Level 1 / 2) including career development
- Provide data and trend reports
- Oversee both internal and external knowledgebase ensuring clear and concise solutions are documented and reviewed every 6 months removing and or updating where applicable
- Review survey feedback to improve upon service, tools and overall support experience
- Set out clear goals and objectives to team individuals, aligning to the overall Group strategy and monitor through regular 1:1 meeting’s
- Support project implementations within agreed timescales and defined budgets
- Assist with recruitment of new team members where required
- Management of the IT and colleague Technical Knowledge Bases
- Contributing to the technology roadmap and strategy for improvement of services
- Keeping up to date with technology, vendors and solutions to assist in developing and identifying improvement opportunities
Skills & Experience Required:
- A highly focussed customer service approach, with excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical staff across the Group
- Proven experience and understanding of Windows 2003 - 2016 Server core services and Active Directory management (including Group Policy, login scripts and roles)
- Experience of VMWare, including maintenance and provisioning
- Experience of installation and supporting of Microsoft Exchange 2003 – 2016 (O365)
- Experience of Automated Monitoring and Alerting
- Excellent working knowledge of core networking services - e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, SNMP, LDAP, Kerberos
- Networking skills – e.g. switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN, MPLS
- NAS / SAN storage infrastructures
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management
- Knowledge of Avaya telephony systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of UCS is an advantage
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability in complex technical landscapes
- IT related Degree and/or Microsoft certifications - MSCE, MCITP
- Proven ability to produce high quality deliverables in terms of content and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- In-depth knowledge of IT systems and Microsoft applications
Are you a Davies Person?
All Davies Group employees need to be able to demonstrate our Big IDEA;Inspire, Deliver, Empower and Aspire. It is essential all employees embed these behaviours in line with their job role.