Project Manager - Prestigious Landscaping Projects
Randle Siddeley is a leading landscape architecture, construction and maintenance company.
Based in London, we have specialise in landscapes and gardens for high-end private residences and commercial developments ranging in value from £30,000 to £3m+.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to join our established and dynamic team.
This varied and exciting role will involve leading and delivering assigned projects on time, within budget to exacting quality standards and client requirements. Taking projects at their pre-construction phase, you will inform the final stages of the design process and resolve the practical limitations of the design in relation to the existing built environment on site.
In addition to project-specific duties, you will be responsible for efficient and effective cost control, the change order process and ensuring that the Company's financial interests are protected during that process.
As well as a competitive salary, Project Managers have the benefit of pool vehicles, an iPhone and access to some of the most prestigious residences and developments in London and Surrey, from compact town gardens to rambling country estates.
- Proven track record of managing multiple hard/soft landscaping projects in parallel
- Organised - able to demonstrate sound methodical and organisational skills, combined with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Problem solver - able to identify and resolve issues with speed
- Results focused - focused on proactively delivering value that will directly lead to achievement of business results
- Teamwork - demonstrates commitment to teamwork and creates value not only for self but for others. Focuses on the overall objectives of the team to continuously improve
- Customer focused - constantly striving for improvement to achieve the highest standards of service. Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of duty of care to the client in relation to employing appropriate construction methods
- Fully conversant with the UK Health and Safety at Work regulations
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of CAD software would be an advantage
Detailed Tasks List
- Project cost control, from procurement through to construction, ensuring financial targets are met for each package of works
- Produce fully detailed construction programmes and ensure compliance through weekly meetings and discussions on a continual basis with Site Supervisors, Principal Contractor, client representatives, etc.
- Liaise with the design team and consultants on all technical construction aspects of the project delivery, comment on workshop drawings and details and advise of any inconsistencies or inappropriate works
- Procure materials in accordance with the specification
- Advise of any discrepancies between specification, drawings and budget to iron out any financial inconsistencies
- Ensure construction in accordance with the specification and drawings
- Oversee change orders and the issuing of variations, site instructions, CVIs, CAIs and discuss with the Company Quantity Surveyor and Construction Director
- Oversee and liaise with the Site Supervisor on Health and Safety of works on site
- Manage project environmental requirements
- Ensure compliance of the works to the CDM Regulations
- Advise and report to the Company Quantity Surveyor and Construction Director on cost changes and variations in a timely fashion and update the project financial sheets accordingly
- Provide all supporting information (timesheets, invoices, costs, etc.) to the Construction Director on a monthly basis, by the valuation date
- Ensure payment certificates are received by the certification date for each project
- Resolve disputes with subcontractors over quality and financial inconsistencies; complete snagging reports and final sign off/nonconformity sheets
- Resolve disputes with the employer/main contractor in a considered manner in the best interests of the Company
- Report to the Construction Director on all aspects of project performance
- Inspect and approve deliveries against samples received for the project to ensure compliance with the approved samples
- Write and issue MAs, RAs, inspection plans and liaise with employer/client in relation to key performance indicators
- Write and issue Operations and Maintenance Manuals at the end of each project
- Responsible for compliance with QA procedures in accordance with ISOI 9001 certification
- Daily photographic record of all construction stages, including completed work and critical packages to prevent future claims against the Company
- Identify staff training needs and encourage team members to pursue continued professional development
- Thorough understanding of all the tasks expected of a Site Supervisor and more junior roles in order to successfully manage their implementation on site.
- Ensure staff act to represent the company and promote its best interests at all times