At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Engineer Carbody in Derby, UK.
About the role:
Main mission of this position is to be accountable for the following activities of one or more projects within Engineering at site level:
• Deliver projects with the appropriate conformance, quality, and integrity, within planned budget.
• Main Engineering Interface with the Customer.
• Represent the engineering function towards all internal partners.
• Manage and develop a pool of competent resources to fulfill current and future projects needs
• Ensure Lessons Learned and best practices are applied on projects
Key expected deliverables of Project Engineering Department are:
• Responsibility on on-time delivery of projects & work packages with the appropriate conformance, quality, and integrity, within the approved budget.
• Technical solutions are presented to the Customer and any open items are closed.
• Visibility is provided at all time to the Project stakeholders and to Management on the planning situation, technical solution, risks, costing, change management and budget.
• Interface problems are escalated, and detailed answers are provided for any Project Core Team requests, such as Variation Orders.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
• Ensure that committed Engineering Project Engineering deliverables to the Project are achieved within time, quality and budget and in line with legislation and safety
• Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments (Vehicle Design, System Engineering, Physical Integration, Product Integrity, Engineering
• Performance Office) & with relevant functions (Project Core Teams, Sales, Bids)
• Management and development of relevant skills within Project Engineering Department (workforce planning, career development, succession planning)
• Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviors by considering business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions
• Project status are known and managed at all times and critical paths, technical issues, risks are presented and dealt with in a timely mannerQualifications
• Previous experience in successfully leading major international Engineering projects
• Experienced Manager within an international Engineering team
• Engineering Graduate or equivalent. Chartered Engineer
• Strong experience in rail Project Engineering
• Project Management knowledge
• Experience in leading an Engineering team in matrix organization
• Strong experience in developing people and processes
• Adaptive leadership skills and ability to motivate his/her team even in adverse circumstances
• Solves complex problems; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, analyzing tools and judgment.
• Identifies optimal solutions and strategies to solve complex problems, provides a clear and logical course of action to ensure sustainability and mitigate risk
• Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related
• Innovates and leads the way
• Provides full engineering support on portion of larger/several projects or assignments
• Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to guide influence and convince others.
• Can be assigned as taskforce leader, and has the ability to collect, analyze and report in a structural and efficient way
• Good planning and organization skills
• Ability to negotiate
• Demonstrates strong resilience and adapts to competing demands. Proactively adapts operational plans
• Provide full engineering support to the section or project
Posting date: 14.10. 2020
Closing date: 13.11.2020
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37