Production Section Leader
Alconbury, Nr Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Established in 2007, MM Flowers only supplies the most beautiful flowers to a range of the biggest retail brands in the UK and Europe.
Having started supplying just one product, we have grown and diversified into a large enterprise with a global sourcing operation and we pride ourselves on our quality and our ability to innovate.
To support our continuing success and ensure we continue to provide the highest standard of products, we are now seeking a Production Section Leader to join us at our purpose-built site in Alconbury.
- Competitive salary
- Join a leader in fresh produce supply
- Further your career within a friendly and supportive environment
This is the ideal role for a fresh produce, food production or FMCG professional with a great leadership style to take on a new challenge with one of the leaders in flower production and supply in Europe.
You’ll discover a friendly, helpful working environment where all your colleagues will support you in settling in, learning and making a success of your role.
Taking the opportunity to expand your skill set and develop your future worth, you will be able to gain experience right across our operations and make inroads into new areas such as HR processes and production.
As the Production Section Leader, you will be tasked with coaching, mentoring and leading a team to ensure our products are collated and packed to customers’ requirements.
Working to high standards and in the most cost-effective manner, you will act as a role model for your team and ensure they are quality and customer focused.
Joining the Operations Department, you will:
- Lead activities associated with safety, quality and legality of the product
- Ensure an efficient packing operation is delivered on a day-to-day basis
- Deliver all KPIs and work that is within budgetary controls
- Complete all training for staff and agency workers to ensure high standards of compliance
- Help to develop SOPs for the packaging area
- Take the lead in the daily management of employees and employee relations
To be considered as the Production Section Leader, you will need:
- Previous supervisory experience and management of a team
- Previous experience within a fresh produce, food production or FMCG environment
- To be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Behavioural safety training would be beneficial to your application. Experience with the Rubicon ERP system would also be an advantage, as would Manufacturing for UK Retailers training. Experience of implementing Lean manufacturing implementations would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may also call this role Production Team Leader, Warehouse Team Leader, Fresh Produce Section Leader, Food Production Section Leader, Department Team Leader, Section Team Leader, or Pick & Pack Team Leader.
Webrecruit and MM Flowers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if this sounds like the perfect environment to develop your career as a Production Section Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.