30+ days ago
Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
In Decision Analytics we unlock meaning within data to help clients solve problems and drive better decisions and outcomes; Is this customer who they claim to be? Can this person afford the loan they're asking for? Does this person qualify for a service we provide?
Organisations need to answer these sorts of questions hundreds, thousands, even millions of times a day. As well as answering them accurately and consistently, they need to answer them quickly because that's what their customers expect.
We help our clients do this - minimising the risk to their organisation while delivering the type of customer experience that people expect. We help them to lend effectively, to detect and minimise fraud and to comply with legal requirements. We help them identify new opportunities including more efficient ways to run their business and better ways to cross-sell their products.
We do this by combining our own data with data from our clients and third parties. We then use advanced technologies to organise and analyse this data, turning it into useful, meaningful information which our customers can act on. Our clients can make lending decisions on hundreds of millions of credit applications every year and can also avoid fraud by checking that applicants are who they say they are.
Decision Analytics (DA) is a fast-growing business line, which in FY20 generated $728 million in annual revenue and contributed 15% towards overall Experian group revenue.
Decision Analytics is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future. There is strategic ambition to grow the DA business to generate $1.6b in revenue annually - by 2025. This ambition is forecast to be realised through a combination of organic / selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities.
Decision Analytics comprises three main product lines: Decisioning Software, Identity & Fraud, and Analytics and AI. This business line competes globally and occupies a market leading position in our main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications, utilities and public sector. Competitors include FICO, CRIF, Equifax, TransUnion, IBM, Pega, SAS and many smaller, niche providers.
The Product Marketing Manager role is a visible and important one. The individual will be accountable for having a deep understanding of our markets and buyers to devise and lead product go-to-market strategies.
Context & Focus:
The Strategy, Marketing & Digital team has had a significant impact on the growth of the Global Decision Analytics business.
Looking ahead, Experian is making significant investments to accelerate innovation, transform customer experience and drive scale across the world - with emphasis on pivoting the business towards SaaS offerings and API-based software, data and analytics capabilities. A critical enabler is our ability to understand new and existing markets and buyers, to design and execute successful go-to-market strategies.
As a result, we are looking for an experienced product marketing manager who will take this on for our decisioning portfolio, working collaboratively with global and regional teams
• Collaborate with global and regional teams to develop and oversee execution of integrated go-to-market plans for assigned products/propositions.
• Develop a deep understanding of our markets and buyers by leveraging insight from internal and external sources to inform strategies.
• Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with target buyers; work with product teams and other experts to create enablement content that is fit for purpose for use by global and regional teams.
• Partner with finance, product management, and market/competitive intelligence teams to ensure consistent processes are in place to capture and communicate the market response to our solutions including leading indicators such as win/loss analysis, pipeline and revenue growth, competitive activities, etc.
• Lead the development of a range of product marketing programs, as required, including customer references, testimonials and case studies.
• Structured global/regional, cross-functional go-to-market process
• Sales adoption of enablement materials
Candidate Profile - Skills, Attributes & Knowledge:
• Grounded in a technology field with the ability to quickly grasp the business-to-business market for software and cloud/SaaS solutions across verticals and regions.
• Skilled at framing commercial opportunities and applying a structured approach to developing and overseeing execution of go-to-market plans
• Critical thinker and excellent communicator both written and verbal, with ability to engage at executive levels to influence the development of product and commercial strategies.
• A strong writer, adept at conveying ideas and information through slides, presentations and written materials
• Able to effectively challenge views and build consensus
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organised, disciplined and structured
Candidate Profile - Industry & Domain Experience & Qualifications:
• Significant business experience in product or strategic marketing, business planning and/or new product introduction
• Industry experience most likely obtained in Financial Information, Financial Services or Technology firm
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.