ALFEN TECHNOLOGY LTD
Alfen is proud to be working with one of the market leaders in the space of Identity verification and contactless ticketing. Within your life you will undoubtedly have interacted with the best in class products designed and manufactured by this Reading based business. As part of their substantial organic growth we are looking to find talented Product Engineers to grow their team.
Job Description & Experience:
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Establish cost calculation during the product design with the support of the product designer.
- Calculate the production line cost, labour cost and strive to maintain or improve cost from the target established at the start of the project.
- Always push to improve the production efficiency, the reliability of the tests and the products going through the production line.
- Travel may be required, including international travel, therefore employees must possess a valid Passport.
- Help to improve our productivity on existing products by improving our tests & testing methods.
- Design better JIGS.
- Develop test strategy, implementing and optimizing test setup.
- Generate and analyse test data and reports, to improve manufacturing processes.
- Work with the production test team and Production management to develop new tools.
- Help to improve existing tools used in the manufacturing department.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally Mechanical engineering, Product Design Engineering or Industrial Design Engineering.
- 1-3 years proven experience in Mechanical design/ Product Design/ Industrial Design environment.
- Computer literate, competent in Word, Excel, Project, CAD and PowerPoint.
- Good Understanding of programs/scripts at basic level (scripting languages) and configuration, programming of units in production environment (Serial, USB Ethernet communication…).
- Project management skills to organize and deliver the manufacturing process on time.
- Demonstrable Test Development experience, ideally on embedded systems, including design, validation and commissioning of production test solutions.
- Experience working within a Manufacturing and Engineering environment.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
If you have strong Product Engineering experience and meet the requirements listed above, please apply! For more Product Engineer roles, please visit the Alfen website!