Product Development Assistant
Supporting the Design & Sourcing teams in tracking the development of print materials and products from design to final samples. Manages communication and system needs related to product and material specifications and product costs on a seasonal basis. Responsible for final samples’ meeting material and cost targets, tech pack delivery and sky line of product detail prior to production.
- Manages the handover of clean specs to Agent or factory on behalf of Design; communicates daily with Sourcing or Agents on questions and changes to specs, standards and assists on interpreting design needs.
- Tech Pack creation and manage updates
- For Print & Webbing/Trim areas, organize and manage colour matrix, approval tracking and coordination of inputs across areas in order to meet deadlines and range targets
- Log all approvals, ensuring this is up to date at all times and in line with the GTM calendar
- Create Seasonal Print List
- Prepare and send new material briefs and print techniques a requested in detail by the design term – providing approximated costings during developments
- Co-ordinate and manage salesman sample orders, ensure on-time delivery of all samples to critical paths. Own tracking and communication of samples
- Collate and consolidate sample yardage order information
- Manage sample budget and tracking
- Develop and maintain the sample library and well as material library.
- Participate in costing discussions and drive to meet target margins.
- Upload and maintain up-to-dated product costs onto system
- Trim/colour card and PAS sheet approvals for new products; maintain information in system
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching
- Create efficiencies to increase in-take margin
- Manage execution of all GTM Calendar development activities and drive accountabilities across all phases of development to ensure dates are met
- On-time delivery of key GTM milestones associated with materials, print and product development targets,
- On time sample delivery
- Sample budget management, in partnership with Buying
- BOM validation completion in timely manner
Skills & Experience
- Proven industry experience in product development
- Understanding of the manufacturing process, capabilities and materials.
- A strong understanding of the development process, including the impact of costings and target margins.
- Solid knowledge of technical specifications
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Basic computer (MS Office) proficiency.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organised and efficient – ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with different internal and external parties.
- Highly self-motivated with a good capacity to work well with a team and build relationships across departments.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible attitude to change.