We are Linnworks, a SaaS company with a UK market-leading product for eCommerce back office automation. By market-leading, we really do mean the market leader.
We are the biggest and most technologically advanced system out there without a doubt, and we have the vision to make it a world-leading business system. Linnworks is well known in the industry for hosting Linn Academy, one of the largest eCommerce conferences in the UK: Linn Academy.
Due to continued success and growth, the team at Linnworks are now seeking a dedicated Principal Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team.What will I be responsible for?
As Principal Software Engineer you will play a key role within a new team responsible for Linnworks Analytics. You will be responsible for creating data pipelines to extract data from source databases and transform it.
Within the team you will use these to present visualisations and generate business intelligence. You will personally tackle the hardest problems, design solutions and implement them. You will inspire others to move fast and use the best technology, architectural and testing practices. As a critical component of the product you will establish a high bar for reliability and performance. Working with Product Management and UX Design you will ensure that user needs are correctly understood and that usability is designed in.
Our ideal candidate
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient and reliable code to meet product objectives for analytics and dashboards
- Continuous delivery: releasing early and often; refactoring as required
- Deploying services to cloud environments using microservices
- Measuring usage of released software to determine impact
- Creating unit tests, integration tests, and UI tests
- Doing and requesting code reviews
- Improving procedures and systems, including process development, software deployment and reporting
- Assessing and improving system performance
- Implementing security and data protection measures
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who has demonstratable industry experience combined with a computer science degree. As our ideal candidate, you will be highly analytical and have excellent problem-solving skills. You will also require the following skills:
Nice to haves:
- Data warehouse, ETL and Big Data experience
- Data visualisation experience
- Expert level C# or closely related language (Java acceptable)
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and performance
- Agile experience, preferably including pair programming
- High attention to detail around coding quality
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- SOLID principles
- Git version control
- CI/CD (Jenkins, BitBucket or similar)
Why join our team?
- Team / tech lead experience
- An interest in mentoring
- Knowledge of RESTful API design
- Cloud and Docker
We're a great employer, we work hard, and we play hard and we like to pay it forward. We offer great benefits, a fun environment to work in and our teammates are the best! Check us out on LinkedIn and Glassdoor. Our benefits include:
Sounds good right? Click APPLY below to register your interest in the role of Principal Software Engineer. We are waiting to hear from you!
- Private medical insurance
- Remote working
- Pension plan
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Challenging projects and opportunity to learn and master a lot of cool skills
- Training, support and personal development