The Team - Tax Technology & Innovation
We are a team of 150+ technologists providing technology enablement services and solutions across the Tax and Legal business. This business has 250+ tax & legal professionals covering multiple disciplines.
The team is made up of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Multi-disciplinary Engineering teams and IT Service delivery professionals working on a large portfolio of systems used to improve productivity and solve key business problems across Tax & Legal.
We also build cutting edge web portals for clients to interact with KPMG, maximising collaboration and ensuring seamless delivery of information to our clients.
You will be responsible for several Agile Scrums teams each consisting of developers and a test analyst. These teams will be in the UK and India and will
work across a variety of projects for both our clients and our internal professional. You will be responsible for the architecture and delivery of a range of software and data solutions. You will work alongside a team of Product Owner to gain a deep understanding of the business needs and help prioritise deliverables allowing you to focus on developing
world-class software engineering practices in your teams.
The role is Full-time based in Glasgow with some travel required to London and other locations around the UK. Remote or part-time workers are welcome to apply.
You will have
- Deep experience architecting, designing, specifying and developing software
- An understanding of security coding and infrastructure best practices
- Experience managing information and security risk across the entire development lifecycle
- Had hands on experience in building cloud first solutions
- Proven experience vision casting, leading and mentoring others
- Worked closed with other department such as enterprise architecture, information assurance, information security & data privacy
- Heavily used modern object-oriented languages such has C# or Java
- Be able to demonstrate significant understanding of web services, enterprise messaging and orchestration
- Designed, defined and implemented complex data models
- Built software that includes desktop and user facing web applications
- Led and driven agile adoption and best practices
- Promoted and used continuous delivery tooling You may have …
- Experience building applications for the cloud such as Azure, AWS or Google
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other serverless application delivery platforms
- Used GIT, Jenkins, GitHub or Azure DevOps
- Worked with React, Angular, Blazor, ASP MVC or other modern web UI frameworks
- Used Entity Framework, Hibernate or other popular ORM tools
- Used NoSQL databases such as cosmos DB, Mongo, Marklogic or Cassandra,
- An understanding of the OWASP Top Ten and have used security scanning tools such as Fortify, Sonarqube SAST
- Experience with messaging such as Service Bus, MQ or Kafka
- Experience with Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Experience with delivering accessible friendly User Experiences
- Worked with ARM, Terraform or other infrastructure as code toolsIn this role you will …
- Package applications in containers and deploy on Azure Kubernetes Service
- Use entity framework code first data with Azure SQL or a NoSQL Databases
- Ensure that application standards meet and exceed information and security risk policies.
- Build resilient microservice and micro-front ends integrated via a Cloud message bus
- Ensure there is strong DevSecOps culture for delivering supporting and maintaining applications application
- Continuously improve your technical knowledge and share what you learn with others
- Provide leadership and communicate effectively across multiple onshore and offshore teams
- Be responsible for solution design including presenting and managing the solution through our information, security, architecture and data privacy processes.
- Promote and drive improvements in the quality of our LEAN Agile, Scaled SCRUM methodologies.
- Promote quality mindset across teams/products/programmes managed. Encouraging teams to own quality assurance and not individuals
- Develop applications that use C#/ASP.NET Core on the back end
- Develop web applications that use Typescript/React, ASP.NET MVC or C#/Blazor
- Review development and testing frameworks, tools and libraries to contribute towards common organisation strategies
- Contribute to creating reference architecture and standards towards security best practises for wider engineering usage
- Build cloud first applications on a continuous delivery platform with 100% infrastructure as code
- Build reusable architectures that set best practices for other engineers and contributes to services consumed by multiple products
- Proactively give regular and insightful feedback to peers and less experienced individuals across all parts of engineering
- Work at a strategic level, influencing technical & non-technical decisions to achieve cross-team alignment on major near-term goals
- Work with directors/partners and engagements to push through opportunitiesThe best of both worlds
We might be world leaders, but in many ways the department feels like a start-up, with a twist. There’s the buzz of scrum working, the thrill of shaping compelling experiences, the chance to surprise and stretch yourself in response to a fresh challenge. And then there’s all the resources, technology and high-profile projects of a major corporate entity. Crucially, we also offer the benefit of clear career progression.