Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
Clarivate’s Healthcare Data Solutions (HDS) business has more than 30 years of experience in providing high-value analytics, data, insights, and consulting services to the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotech, medtech and healthcare companies. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance, clients rely on us to understand market dynamics, map customer behaviour and identify strategic commercial opportunities.
This business is focused on addressing complex client needs providing them with comprehensive therapeutic expertise and primary research, forecasting capabilities and an unprecedented ability to understand the future incidence and prevalence of diseases.
We are seeking a Principal Epidemiologist to support with the portfolio of syndicated reports, help build client relationships, pitch ad-hoc custom projects, and oversee the delivery of these projects. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in a dynamic growth environment and deep expertise working directly with/within pharma and healthcare institutions which includes line management responsibilities.
- Coach and mentor more junior epidemiologists in multiple time zones (primarily US, UK, India) ensuring high standards of methodological rigor in the development of commercially relevant epidemiology forecasts, and custom epidemiology projects
- Contribute to annual revenue/profit targets through the generation of custom projects, and supporting the business development team renew and secure additional subscriptions to the epidemiology database
- Oversee delivery of syndicated reports, including proof reading manuscripts for publication, both to a high standard and in line with company SOPs
- Independently develop proposals for new business opportunities, including custom projects and managed services engagements. Coordinate and contribute to the collation and submission of RFIs
- Manage projects, both syndicated and custom, from concept through delivery to customers
- Develop and expand partnerships with existing customers; understand their needs and deliver solutions, both within Epidemiology and across the wider Science Group organization
- Lead and contribute to Thought Leadership initiatives to support the business
- Advanced degree in Epidemiology is critical (MPH with Epidemiology/Biostatistics focus or MSc Epidemiology minimum)
- 5-7 years experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in patient population sizing, forecasting, and modelling across multiple therapy areas is essential
- Experience with key epidemiological information resources (e.g., cancer registries, hospital discharge databases)
- Experience with real-world data (e.g., claims, EHR)
- Experience in working with complex data sets (e.g., SQL, python) and database management
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and objectively
- Excellent written English is a must for manuscript editorial duties
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated, ambitious, and flexible with an ability to cope under pressure/with competing demands
- Ability to coach colleagues and build relationships with clients
- Interest in addressing the challenges facing the biopharma industry
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.