Principal Enterprise Cloud Architect
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
HSBC operates a ‘Cloud First’ strategy - we strongly believe that the future of our infrastructure is on the Cloud, both Public and Private to accelerate our business capabilities.
HSBC is looking for a step change in how we can leverage approved Cloud Services in a seamless way and the establishment of the Cloud Enterprise Architecture Practise is fundamental for our success to define enterprise architecture, deployment patterns and share best practise.
The Enterprise Architecture Team provides engagement aligned to both specific Cloud Service Providers and technology horizontals. The Principal Enterprise Architect is expected to provide technical and non-technical leadership and will be responsible for:
- Defining & evangelising HSBC’s Cloud Strategy
- Provide Enterprise Architecture direction to Cloud Platform Teams
- Ownership of specific technology domains within the Cloud Architecture Practice
- Establishing a close partnership with our Global Business/Global Function CIOs & their Chief Architects to understand their demand through a Cloud Adoption Strategy & Adoption roadmap
- Defining best practise for Cloud adoption, through the creation of an Enterprise Cloud Pattern Framework, enabling self-service with full automation, improving speed of delivery through standardized and robust set of cloud patterns with minimal manual intervention
- Partnering with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Chief Security Architect to support the definition and evolution of a Cloud Security Strategy and its implementation
- Partnering with the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and Chief Data Architect to support the definition and evolution of a Cloud Data Strategy and its implementation including enabling faster applications deployment through a set of standardized and secured data paths, patterns and tools
- Partnering with IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Cloud Services team to: engineer and design our Cloud common platform services; define a fully integrated Cloud Services catalogue
- Understanding appropriate Regulatory controls for Financial Institutions and the impact of material outsourcing. Provide appropriate support for our Regulatory engagements
- Ensuring appropriate governance exists underpinning Cloud adoption, ensuring that appropriate regulatory, compliance, security and architecture controls are effectively maintained
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience of the following;
- A high level business understanding of, and the implications of Cloud adoption for:
- Wealth and Personal Banking (including Private Banking)
- Markets and Security Service
- Commercial Banking
- Able to translate business needs into appropriate IT (and Cloud) solutions.
- A system engineering background and the ability to compare and contrast different solutions to meet a business requirement.
- Thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills – desire to solve complex problems at scale.
- Expert knowledge & expertise in design & engineering of:
- Public IaaS/PaaS Cloud (GCP, AWS and Azure)
- Integration with Public Cloud including SaaS (eg authentication schemes, single sign on systems from an application perspective)
- Private Cloud environments (GCP Anthos, Cloud Foundry aPaaS & VMware IaaS)
- Practical experience utilizing multiple Infrastructure as Code tools.
- Leveraging best practise through published reference architectures
- In-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Docker Containers and Kubernetes Cluster management and orchestration
- Cloud Industry Security Best Practice, aligned to CSA & NIST
- Multi-tenanted virtualized platforms managing mission critical workloads
- Networking principals (TCP/UDP, Routing, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN, SDN)
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux & Windows)
- CPU Microarchitectures (Intel, AMD, SPARC) & Server Virtulization (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Service Management (and implications for Enterprises of adoption Cloud computing).
In addition, candidates need to demonstrate;
- Ability to mentor and lead the delivery of complex change
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
This role is based in London.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Tel: +44 (0) 207 832 8500