- Understand and participate in Performance for Growth ensuring stretching personal objectives, a personal development plan and regular self and team feedback.
- Comply with the Training and Competency requirements and complete required training in a timely manner.
Regulatory, Governance and Control
- Champion a culture that achieves the business goals, delights customers and keeps consumer advocacy at the heart of everything that Experian does.
- Ensure that good client / consumer outcomes are at the centre of decision making.
- Promote great service and seek to exceed client / consumer expectations.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements within area of responsibility and escalate issues quickly.
- Pro-actively identify risks and take steps to mitigate these.
- Ensures team members understand the importance of adhering to their regulatory obligations and responsibility for implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure team members understand the operating model and the functional and individual responsibilities
- Teamwork will include, but is not limited to, interfacing and collaborating with the following:
- Product Management
- UX & designers
- Business Analysts
- Build and Release
- Technology Operations
- Understand and adhere to Experian processes and policies including, but not limited to, software development lifecycle, product development lifecycle, governance and compliance and performance management.
- Identify and resolve complex software issues.
- Identify potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
- Assess the health and performance of applications.
- Designs and builds complex software systems capable of servicing many client or products, whilst adhering to a common central design
- Drive standards for other members of the team ensuring that best practice is adhered to.
- Manage a small team of software developers on large and/or complex projects
- Influential in every stage of the project lifecycle
- Ownership of project design and timelines and task list.
- Create technical documents describing processes.
- Advise on options, impact on other business processes, and system priorities where appropriate.
- Review project proposals, evaluates alternatives, provides estimates and make recommendations.
- Has technical ownership of multiple solutions & helps shape the roadmap for that solution
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Engage with internal client teams and project stakeholders to provide guidance on how to best to design the solution.
- Work with External clients to guide them through the early stages of projects
- Experience of a wide variety of software types, including web services, web applications and transactional systems
- Is able to see the bigger picture and is able to design large complex systems appropriately, anticipating potential issues and avoiding them
- Organised, identifying, prioritising and delegating tasks within a team.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to see the implications of technical findings and issues on the end client experience
- Passionate about programming with a genuine interest in data
- A confident C# developer able to handle any part of a large web application, be it front-end or back-end.
- Should have good front end experience, preferably with Vue.js, though we use other Front-end tech too.
- Extensive experience with version control, preferably Git.
- Significant industry experience working on large, sophisticated web applications.
- Should be experienced in using cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Has strong communication skills and can simplify and explain solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.