As a PMO Analyst, working closely with Project and Portfolio Managers assigned, you will support, enable and track the successful delivery of business technology and IT change portfolios.
The Technology PMO supports the company-wide platform and collaborates with all IT, Business Unit and Programme Change teams to ensure that all portfolio change is effectively tracked and reported to the Heads of Change, CIO and IT Leadership Team as a whole.
You will be required to constantly find improvements for the PMO processes, the wider change delivery framework and the interaction with the business.
- Portfolio Planning - Participate in the portfolio planning process (PAB) and communicate the results to all relevant stakeholders
- Promote best practice - Explain, negotiate, and agree best change methodology and governance across IT to embed best practice across the project community and develop knowledge management for future projects from past projects
- Project Tools – Maintain strong working relationship with the vendor Polarisoft for PPM platform (Portfolio Project Management) support and drive through improvements covering all areas of PMO and oversee the development and enhancements. Become a Subject Matter Expert in PPM Anywhere platform and act as the point of reference for any platform issues
- Communication – Utilise a variety of tools to provide first class communication to stakeholders and users
- Management reporting - Create and distribute various Management Information to ensure CIO and Heads of IT have visibility of any conflicts, risks and issues, including mitigation/resolution
- Post Implementation Review / Health Checks - Accountable for ensuring all deliveries are reviewed at key points and when completed
- Governance/Compliance – Enhance and maintain governance for the delivery of the IT Portfolio, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities ensuring project delivery is compliant to the standards
- Quality management and assurance - Establish and manage a schedule of gates and quality reviews to ensure and assure the required change quality standards are consistently delivered
- Portfolio Reporting - Develop and manage the effective delivery of the Portfolio reporting and meeting cadence including tracking KPIs as appropriate, to enable effective decisions/actions to be undertaken.
- Risk, issue and dependency management - Work with relevant project management and stakeholders to identify, manage and track risks, issues and interdependencies across the IT Portfolio
- Relationship Management - Establishing and maintaining relationships with senior programme stakeholders. Actively engage and work collaboratively with colleagues and partners
- Collaboration – Works as a trusted partner to the business to add value to process and projects by suggestion of new and enhancing ideas for working
Skills for the PMO Analyst
- Able to produce consistent, high quality work with limited supervision and oversight
- Able to prioritise competing demands in a challenging delivery environment to ensure that work is delivered to tight timelines
- Able to work proactively
- Able to remain composed in stressful situations and work under pressure
- Organised in work and in time management, with excellent attention to detail
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn’t always have to be ‘nine to five’ and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.