Plant / Weighbridge Operator
Red Lodge, Nr Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are now seeking a Plant / Weighbridge Operator to join our team at our site in Red Lodge, which is easily commutable from Bury St Edmunds, Ely and Thetford and a stone’s throw from Newmarket.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days’ holiday per annum
- The option to purchase up to five days of additional leave
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Plant / Weighbridge Operator, you will be tasked with the safe and efficient operation of the Red Lodge site at Bury St Edmunds.
Supporting the Site Manager, you will work in accordance with management instructions, H&S requirements, planning permissions and the waste management licence.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Operating mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner
- Operating weighbridge systems
- Ensuring plant and equipment are maintained to high standards
- Acting in a courteous manner towards customers and assisting them where possible
- Providing a prompt and efficient service to haulage sub-contractors
- Reporting breaches of rules to the Site Manager
To be considered as a Plant / Weighbridge Operator, you will need:
- The ability to use initiative to operate heavy plant machinery in a safe and effective manner
- An honest, hardworking approach
- An adaptable attitude and the ability to deal with any new operational problems as they arise
- Good timekeeping skills
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to operate as part of a larger team
Other organisations may call this role Recycling Site Operative, Site Operative, General Operative, Waste Management Operative, or Mobile Plant Operator.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Plant / Weighbridge Operator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.