When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Providing visibility, direction, balance and stability to the manufacturing areas through the Master Production Scheduling process. Serving as a central point of information and decision making to all plant operations for capacity and resource management.
What you’ll do:
What we need from you:
- Follow Company procedures and ensure cGMP is applied in all areas of work.
- Ensure Good Housekeeping practice is applied.
- Support the provision of a viable set of Production plans and works order documentation to ensure the warehouse and operations teams can effectively manage the utilisation of their resources.
- Perform effectively the integrated key functions of materials planning, warehousing, inventory management and procedural compliance.
- Provide information to key functions and manage material availability and inventory obsolescence
- Input forecast and sales orders into SAP to execute and maintain a robust Master Production Schedule, feeding into a monthly Sales, Inventory and Operation planning cycle.
- Monitor and advise on site capacity requirements in line with forecast changes.
- Work closely with Production teams for the maximization of schedule adherence, capacity and labour utilisation and to improve processes and standards.
- Monitor and report demand trends against budget estimates.
- Co-ordinate new product introductions within planning functions.
- Generate KPI and Financial data to support Site objectives.
- Generate Quality Systems documentation (PPI, Risk Assessments, Deviations, Corrective Actions, Change Controls, standard operating procedures).
- Generate reports for site monitoring systems and inventory compliance.
- Maintain a strong commercial rapport with both Clients and Vendor base.
- Support Regulatory and Client audits and Inventory stock takes.
- Support the Supply Chain, Warehouse Manager and Site Leadership Team to ensure that corporate requirements and requests are met.
What’s in it for you:
- A strong background in manufacturing with a good appreciation for batch processing.
- Good working knowledge of the integrated aspects of the total Supply Chain including demand management, production, and factory planning and materials management.
- Previous experience of working with SAP
- Experienced in operating in an Enterprise Resource Planned environment with a strong appreciation of the architecture of bills of materials, process and purchase order management and the generation of corresponding dependent requirements. A full working knowledge of MRP and interfacing systems (i.e. Forecasting tools).
- Must have experience of commercial negotiations with the skills and ability to ensure that the business needs and objectives are supported.
- Numerate and analytical and capable of grasping the overall business position based on a fluid dynamic set of data.
- Excellent communication skills and capable of operating at all levels both within and outside the business.
- Must possess a strong business and work ethic and be capable of decision making that benefits the needs of the business.
- Must be capable of remaining focused on the customer perspective to ensure the business performance is aligned with delivering enhanced levels of service.
- Perform as an inclusive team player supporting the rest of the team to ensure objectives are met.
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus
- Free on-site car parking
- Contributory Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com