Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Artist with a passion for pipeline to join our passionate team at our studio based in West Sussex. This role will seek to empower our animators and artists on this new and exciting project to create visual excellence, pushing our game to the next level.Key Responsibilities
As a Pipeline Technical Artist on the project, you will work with the art teams to devise end to end solutions for data flow and asset management workflows. You will use your excellent communication skills to bring the team together.
On a day to day basis, you will
Knowledge, Skill and ExperienceEssential
- Work to effectively solve problems and collaborate with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines
- Further develop our set of in-house tools
- Develop new tools and data systems to increase the productivity and efficiency of the art teams drive new technology and the development of workflows
- Provide support for an asset-centric data-driven pipeline across multiple DCC’s and Unreal Engine
- Previous experience in a pipeline role in a game development environment or Feature Film
- Experience in working with Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance, Motion Builder
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 or similar engine production experience with characters and art assets
- Proven skills and experience in content creation pipelines and workflow
- Experience with database systems
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Pro-active communication and problem-solving skills - both within and outside of your department
- Experience with C++
- Experience with QT and Pyside
- UE4 production experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.