The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Handling own case load, of litigated and pre-litigated files;
- Investigating and assessing liability,
- Instructing medical experts and assessing solatium,
- Reviewing financial losses and gathering evidence,
- Following CPAP to attempt settlement,
- Raising court actions when required,
- Running a claim through litigation to proof,
- Advising your client throughout on all aspects of the above.
- Supervisory work as directed;
- Training/Case Planning with trainee case handlers;
- Assist in training members of staff
- Assisting others in the department with complex matters, including assisting with training;
- Complying with agreed service standards;
- Communicating with clients, insurers, expert witnesses and solicitors;
- Dealing with file administration as required.
This would suit an applicant who has previous experience of handling RTA injury claims from CPAP through to proof, and has the ability to analyse and research legal issues. Previous experience of PI RTA work, and experience of ASPIC, is essential. Non motor injury experience is desirable.
You will be a team player with good attention to detail, the ability to use your own initiative and to work to strict deadlines, within service standards. You should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is looking for a Personal Injury Lawyer (Perm and FTC)