Patent Attorney - Electronics or Computer Science
Withers & Rogers is an international legal firm that provides specialist advice and support to brand owners across a variety of industries including luxury goods and fashion, food and drink and cosmetics.
Our attorneys' focus is on building strong partnerships with clients – visiting them regularly, getting to know their business, seeking to understand how best to protect the fruits of their developments and how to ensure that IP protection genuinely adds value to their organisations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as a part-qualified or qualified Patent Attorney from an Electronics or Computer Science discipline. This is a great time to join our successful, supportive firm and develop your career.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority at Withers & Rogers, and interviews will be held online in light of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
You will be tasked with advising a range of exciting clients on securing appropriate IP protection, drafting specifications for complex technical inventions, and working directly with clients to develop creative and persuasive arguments against patent office objections.
Your role will also include:
- Corresponding with clients, Patent Offices and overseas Attorneys
- Researching prior art
- Advising on the status, scope and validity of third party intellectual property rights
- Attacking and defending patents in EPO opposition proceedings
- Giving direction and sharing knowledge with operations colleagues
- Business development
The team are based in our London office, however the working location of this role is flexible. Just tell us where you’re based in your application.
To be considered as a Patent Attorney, you’ll need:
- To be part-qualified or qualified with one or two years’ post-qualification experience
- A strong academic record in an electronics, computer science, or AI discipline
- Plenty of experience in drafting claims and responses to office actions or prosecution
- Impeccable written English and first-rate communication skills
- Expertise in electronics subject matter, with the ability to communicate effectively about technical concepts
- A track record of interacting effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan with employer and employee contributions
- Healthcare scheme
- Plenty of scope for flexible working
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme and plenty of wellbeing support
This is the ideal role for an ambitious Patent Attorney with proven experience in a similar role to join a firm employing around 200 staff across five offices across the UK and Munich, Germany.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Patent Attorney, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Lawyer, Part-Qualified Patent Attorney, Attorney, Qualified Patent Attorney, Patent Lawyer, Patent Solicitor, or Patent Lawyer.