Publicis Groupe is one of the world's leading communications groups.
The Groupe offers a full range of services and skills: digital, advertising, public affairs, corporate communications and events, media strategy, planning and buying, healthcare communications, and brand asset production. The company is present in 108 countries and employs in excess of 77,000 professionals.
Re:Sources provides shared services to Publicis Groupe agencies including IT, Global Security, Finance, Legal, Treasury, Procurement, Property Services, HR, Payroll and Tax.
Compliance, Research and Training
- Draft and review compliance training materials to ensure UK compliance with applicable Publicis Groupe and UK policies
- Support the Commercial Legal Team on company compliance initiatives such as data privacy, anti-bribery and modern slavery
- Draft and review training materials
- Undertake Know Your Client reviews and examine client deliverables to assess compliance with advertising regulations
- Support the Commercial Legal Team on company training initiatives to better enable the business to self-serve and spot legal, compliance and commercial challenges
Corporate Secretarial Support
- Assist the Company Secretary & Compliance Officer- UK & Ireland, on tasks and projects and corporate transactions as required including:
- Maintenance of Blueprint database for the UK registered companies, upkeep of electronic and hard copy statutory registers for all UK companies
- Filing of statutory documentation with Companies House (e.g. Confirmation statements, Accounts, Directors changes etc.)
- Draft template board minutes
- Assist with any tasks relating to tribunal claims
- Support the team with data subject requests
Contract & Litigation Support
- Conduct proof reading, checking cross referencing and alignment of schedules with contractual clauses in agreements
- Support in the development and maintenance of legal precedents and best practices
- Prepare litigation reports and gather related information. Support business on payment claims.
- Conduct legal research and summarise findings
- Conduct initial review of advertising and promotional materials for clearance issues, including advertising regulation compliance, intellectual property rights and other relevant matters
- Carry out preliminary trademark searches, summarise results and provide related guidance
- Instruct external lawyers to carry out Ad Slogan searches as and when required
- Process invoices and expenses
- Monitor the post, direct outstanding payment claims to the relevant areas of the business and archive legal files
- Organise the on-boarding of new members to the Commercial Legal team
- Assist the Head of UK Commercial legal and the rest of the commercial and employment legal team on administrative tasks and projects, including planning team events, creating and maintaining projects plans and spreadsheets, creating PowerPoint documents and other useful materials.
Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate commitment to and comply with all legislation and Publicis Groupe Policies (Janus) relevant to the role and all activities undertaken in that role.
Personal & Team Accountabilities
Actively develop and maintain strong working relationships with the UK Legal Team (and legal teams in other jurisdictions where relevant) and foster a culture of excellent client service across the Publicis Groupe as a whole.
Work collaboratively with the UK and global legal team to share knowledge and maintain highest legal standards.
- LLB/GDL level (or equivalent)
- LPC/BVC preferred
- Prior paralegal or contract administration experience preferred
Knowledge / Experience
- Working knowledge of contract law
- Experience of the media/advertising industry generally helpful
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with all Microsoft Office programmes (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good research skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Pragmatic, commercial and dynamic approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, collaborative and strong team working skills, with willingness to take on a variety of work
- Good team working skills
- Strong interest in commercial law, company law, governance requirements and the advertising environment