Paralegal (Client Care Team)
6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH REVIEW
IN PERSON WORKING AT COVID-19 SECURE OFFICES IN LONDON REQUIRED.
PGMBM is a unique partnership between British, Brazilian, and American lawyers, with expertise in group litigations and is currently managing some of the largest claims in English legal history. These claims are against Volkswagen, Daimler (Mercedes Benz), British Airways, Bayer, and other major multi-national corporations.
PGMBM now requires Paralegals to join the Client Care team at our Central London office. The roles will largely involve engaging with clients, including onboarding clients and responding to requests or queries, over the phone and by email.
Law degree or equivalent is desirable for the role, but candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent consumer skills and have experience in a customer service role.
We offer a competitive salary which will be in line with your experience along with a comprehensive benefits package and the brilliant opportunity to progress and reach your full potential.
Please note, the role would involve up to 75 percent of the time spent on our Client Care helpline during busy times.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Answer calls to prospective and existing clients in an efficient, friendly and knowledgeable manner, and assist with onboarding them
- Respond to email queries within our timeframes
- Work as an individual and as part of a team to deliver high levels of Client Care
- Use the company's case management system to record all client based work and time recording
- Support the legal teams on activities when requested
- Available immediately/ with short notice
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer/client facing experience essential
- Relevant Law Degree or Qualification (LLB or GDL preferred)
- Highly organised: able to be productive, flexible, and simultaneously manage multiple cases and priorities in a performance driven environment
- Strong client relationship skills: the ability to establish positive, cooperative, and professional relationships, both internal and external
- Be highly trustworthy, discreet, and use good judgement
- Excellent oral and written communication are essential and fluency in other languages desired
- Self-awareness and a commitment to using feedback to learn and develop as a professional
- Computer literacy with experience in using MS office products
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Private pension scheme (People’s Pension)
- Life Assurance (Canada Life)
- Enhanced sickness pay - 10 days paid leave over a 12-month period
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Paid study leave - 5 days per year
- Paternity leave - 2 months paid enhanced leave
- Maternity leave - 6 months paid enhanced leave
- Fertility Treatments- 5 days per year
- Pregnancy & loss policy – support for women and their partners who have been affected by pregnancy loss
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme -access to counselling and a variety of external support for you and your family members (Health Assured)
- Eye test vouchers
- 'Grammarly' package support
- 1Password personal account
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Relaunched referral bonus (£500-2000 depending on role)
- Cycle to work scheme
- 5 days paid 'time off for dependents' per rolling year
- 2 days per year paid CSR / charity days
PGMBM employee commitment
At PGMBM we believe in championing personal growth and achievements, but first and foremost, we’re also a team, and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and valued as individuals.
We know that our team are the heart of PGMBM and that is why we make the following commitment to all our people:
- To be a meritocracy with a fair and transparent pay review process
- To offer opportunities for internal promotion
- To provide everyone with a fair and structured performance review process
- To provide a learning environment that supports its employees in becoming experts in their roles
- To give all PGMBM’s people opportunities to influence and improve how we work
Our commitment to building an inclusive workplace
PGMBM is an equal opportunities employer who believes passionately that our team should represent the diversity of the clients that we support. We are committed to providing a place of work that provides fair and equal career growth and learning opportunities to all its employees. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all, regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, socio economic background, disability or religious beliefs.
We will retain your details on file for six months from the date of your application. Please see further information here on how PGMBM handles personal data.