Nights Senior Care Assistant
Bury St Edmunds
Senior Care Assistant - Nights
Fornham House, Fornham St Martin, Bury St Edmunds
Full and Part time available
£10.34 per hour
Fornham House, Fornham St.Martin, Bury St.Edmunds are recruiting for Senior Care Assistant's to join their team. The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to their daily needs.
Key responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant;
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Senior Care Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.
We offer an unlimited refer a friend scheme which pays up to £500 per hire (£1000 for nurses), 28 days paid annual leave per year and a service recognition scheme rewarding commitment and loyalty.