The scale of property projects we're undertaking is huge. And you'll be the one to keep us in check.
Efficient, organised, on the ball. That's you. In this fast-paced role, you'll log requests for funds and invoices. It'll also see you produce site details and control all service charges, lease and rent information. Whatever the task, you'll put your all into it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. It means our property teams are always kept on their toes.
National Property Assistant - Refrigeration
Role: Property Assistant
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:30
Salary: £31,600 rising to £36,900
The National Property Team requires a Property Assistant (Refrigeration), to support the ongoing development and expansion of the Refrigeration discipline within the Aldi Property Estate. The team is also responsible for the M&E disciplines and national projects and as a result we are looking for an individual with some experience in engineering and/or project management.
To provide operational and administrative support to the team including taking responsibility for the administration and delivery of projects, maintenance and the realisation of cost savings through the development of our store specification.
The role requires experience in an administration role whilst experience in either project or maintenance roles would be beneficial. Strong inter-personal and communication skills are also required as the role involves regular engagement with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
The role will entail the management and administration of the following activities:
• Provide organisational and administrative support to the Refrigeration Manager and wider team.
• Prepare, analyse and create reports, presentations, memos and minutes.
• Organise ad hoc events such as training workshops or review meetings.
• Monitor and report on National contractor performance (KPI’s), standards, compliance and projects.
• Process invoices, and associated documents in accordance with departmental processes.
• Ensure the electronic filing of documents, including scanning of documents and upload of information on to asset management software.
• Collate, manipulate and analyse complex data.
• Day to day management or interaction with external contractors or consultants.
Skills and Qualifications
• A-Level minimum
• Strong GCSE Maths and English qualifications
• Office management / Office administration experience
• PA duties experience
• Budgeting / Negotiation / Contracting / Contract and supplier management experience
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Data analysis
• Strong numerical skills
• Strong sense of personal organisation and a strong attention to
• Tracking of budgets and expenditure
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Able to plan ahead
• Degree or equivalent (e.g. City & Guilds or HNC).
• Experience with SAP and/or CAFM systems