National Lottery Regulatory Licensing Manager (FTC)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We’re currently looking for a National Lottery Regulatory Licensing Manager to join the National Lottery Third Licence team for a fixed-term contract until the end of the December 2021. This role is known internally as a Licensing Manager.
- Salary of circa £36,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday per annum
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As the National Lottery Regulatory Licensing Manager, you will be tasked with playing a key role in the regulation of the National Lottery.
Taking the lead and providing support for a range of initiatives and projects, you will support the team in the delivery of regulatory duties. This will include ensuring the National Lottery is run with due care, protecting the interests of players and optimising returns to good causes.
Your role will also involve:
- Leading on complex licensing matters
- Liaising with the National Lottery operator to understand the regulatory risks
- Corresponding with the operator, producing or updating licences (and related records)
- Identifying and assessing regulatory risks associated with wider proposals from the operator
- Leading co-ordination across the Commission on propriety matters including Risk, Governance and Compliance
- Managing the operator’s performance in relation to any risks or issues that are raised
- Seeking views from others across the organisation and external specialists to inform recommendations
- Leading a range of key projects
- Carrying out targeted analysis and research on specific areas and providing feedback
- Preparing recommendations, drafting papers and presenting to key governance groups
- Supporting performance monitoring and reporting for the programme as a whole
To be considered as a National Lottery Regulatory Licensing Manager, you will need:
- The ability to analyse and understand complex licensing proposals and interpret evidence swiftly, highlighting risks and trends where appropriate and identifying well-reasoned and pragmatic recommendations on how to proceed
- The ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders (including the National Lottery Committee)
- Strong Excel skills (for example producing pivot tables) with the ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data and information, along with evaluating operator performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presenting confidently and concisely to a variety of audiences and recommending suitable actions
Other organisations may call this role Regulatory Licensing Manager, Licensing Manager, Regulatory Manager, Licensing Project Manager, Licensing Programme Manager, Senior Regulatory Advisor, Senior Compliance Advisor, Compliance Manager, Senior Licensing Specialist, or Senior Licensing Compliance Specialist.
We can offer this opportunity on a full-time, part-time or job share basis.
The closing date for applications is the 31st January 2021. Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams on the 4th and 5th February 2021.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a National Lottery Regulatory Licensing Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.