Are you looking for a new challenge and would like to work for a company that is a very innovative and progressive business with high ethical and environmental standards?
Levenseat are looking for an experienced Loading Shovel operator to join the Operations Team.
Operating various wheeled Loading Shovels to meet the requirements of site operations, the successful candidate will have experience in the operation, and basic maintenance of the machines and ideally but not essentially hold plant operator's licence and be qualified to NVQ level (SPMO). The ideal candidate will have an awareness of the recycling industry and health and safety relating to the role.
Training will be provided on specialised plant.Main responsibilities include;
- Ensure all material bays are emptied and material is deposited into the correct areas.
- Load awaiting vehicles/skips with recovered/residual materials in line with Levenseat standards and Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure all road ways and work areas are clear of debris.
- Ensure all mobile plant basic maintenance, cleaning & inspections are carried out and recorded as per Company and manufactures instructions and procedures.
- Ensure any defects affecting the safe working order of a machine are reported immediately.
- Undertake general housekeeping duties around the site and buildings in accordance with Sorting Line Supervisors instructions.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the plant in accordance with the site licence and contractual conditions.
- Maintain the highest cleanliness of all working areas.
- Remain aware, at all times, of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of your work colleagues.
- Carry out other tasks within your operational ability or for which you have received appropriate training, as and when required.
Mobile Plant Operator | Loading Shovel | Levenseat | Waste Management | Health & Safety | Plant Maintenance | NVQ | SPMO | Recycling | Processing | Factory | Communication | CSCS
A comprehensive range of benefits including our health cash back plan, death is service cover and employee assistance programmes.
Additional InformationAverage working week: 45hrs£11.27/hr - Plus shift allowance, bonus and benefits.Hours of work:
06:00am - 15:00pm Monday - Friday (Dayshift)
15:00pm - 00:00am Monday - Friday (Backshift)
Weekend shift may be required
Future shift Requirements - 12hrs (6am-6pm) (6pm-6am)
Requires Working on Bank Holidays (Except Christmas Day and 1st January)Essential Skills
- Full driving licence.
- Experience working in a factory - process environment.
- Previous experience operating mobile plant.
- An awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of waste/recycling industry. The ability to identify different types of waste.
- Experience of continuous process operations.
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- NVQ qualification in a relevant field.
- CSCS card.
Levenseat Limited is a privately owned Recycling & Resource Management company based in Central Scotland. Over the last 30 years, Levenseat has established a reputation for reliability, accessibility and innovation. As a leading regional operator, we are committed to developing new solutions to recover the best resources and provide customers with environmental and economic solutions.
Based at Levenseat, near Forth in Lanarkshire, with our new recovery facility & Power Plant together with the wider established facility, we are delivering to the market Scotland's largest integrated facility providing treatment and recovery for a wide range of waste materials. In a fast-evolving sector it is an exciting time to be involved in this industry. With a strong work ethos and collaborative environment, we are looking for proactive and focused people to join an expanding team.