Mobile Engineer iOS
We are looking for a Mobile Software Engineer to join our UFO team in Lisbon or remote in Portugal - If you like complex problems and strive to create high quality solutions, we have a match
What does the UFO squad do?
- Our goal in the UFO team is to provide the best post-price ticketing user experience and grow our user base. Providing a good user experience is a challenge that requires a lot of thought and understanding of our users. You will work together with designers and other software engineers to find ways of improving our apps and create a delightful experience for our users. As FAIRTIQ has a growing user base of 200k active users, you will also have to think about scalability, caching, internationalisation, accessibility, phased roll-out and resilience.
Our Technology Profile
- Architecture principles: Microservices, Continuous Delivery, Domain Driven Design, MVVM, Hexagonal architecture, Zero downtime
- Programming languages we use: iOS - Swift, Android - Kotlin/Java, Backend development - Java/Kotlin, Backend scripts/prototypes - Python
- Data stores: MongoDB, Redis
- API / Messaging: Rest / JSON, RabbitMQ
- Design and implement our mobile apps, used actively by 200K users
- Write testable, simple, clean and efficient code
- Monitor released apps
- Take an active role in our processes and help improve them
- Work together with other developers, graphic designers, UX and product experts to expand our solution worldwide
Who we are looking for
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another related field
- 2 years of work experience
- Deep knowledge of iOS (knowledge of Android is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of mobile architectures and systems
- Strong software design skills
- Analytical thinking
- Good team player
- Creative, self-confident, independent
- Willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- If remotely based in Portugal, you will be required to work from our office in Lisbon a few days a month, post COVID
- Living in Portugal or neighbouring countries (and willing to relocate to Portugal from EU countries)
At FAIRTIQ, we believe that our employees are our biggest asset. A healthy firm culture, based on respect, inclusion, diversity and individual empowerment is the key to our success story. We offer:
- 100% Remote Work Anywhere in Portugal
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Chance to be part of a fast growing, international startup
- Competitive salary package
- Budget and support for self-improvement
- Flexible working hours
Who Are We
FAIRTIQ is the leading software solution that disrupts public transport ticketing. We use innovative algorithms to detect user journeys using data collected by mobile sensors. Since the founding in 2016, our innovative, simple solution has been recognized internationally:
We have grown our partnership network to over 50 partners in the public transportation sector. Thanks to these strategic partnerships, we already cover the entire public transportation system in Switzerland â€“ while also growing internationally, i.e. in Germany, Austria and other regions.
The journey doesnâ€™t stop here â€“ Our mission is to make substainable mobility simple for people to use.
- 2020: European Startup Prize for Mobility
- 2019: UITP Award, Transport Ticketing Awards, The Billion Journey Project
- 2018: Transport Ticketing Awards, Swiss Economic Award, Global Light Rail Awards
- 2016: Best of Swiss Apps Award, Le Meilleur Du Web
- Let us introduce ourselves: FAIRTIQ - Who are we?
- Let us introduce our product: FAIRTIQ - How does it work?
- Find out more about Engineering at FAIRTIQ
At FAIRTIQ, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive from it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. FAIRTIQ is a proud equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Data Protection - Your personal data will be held by Fairtiq for a maximum of 12 months. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. Please contact email@example.com if you wish for your data to be removed.
Powered by JazzHR