We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Help us strengthen our team as a 'Microsoft Collaboration Consultant' with Capita Software.
The Microsoft Collaboration Consultant role is based either at a Capita Office or working remotely from home to provide subject matter expertise and experience in both on-premise and cloud-based SharePoint solutions into large scale enterprise architectures and projects as well as small internal company projects. The primary focus of this role will be to lead client engagements by providing thought leadership ensuring that the business challenges of the client are understood, and that the technology applied appropriately to overcome the challenge.
You will consult on the design, configuration, customisation, development, and implementation of solutions on the SharePoint platforms to agreed timescales and budget.
Working with a hands on approach and in conjunction with the Lead Solution Architect, to design and implement SharePoint solutions, you will be supporting a variety of clients with their strategy, technical design, user experience, software development and delivery into live service as part of either small internal projects, bespoke deliveries or large transformation projects.
This role will also support Sales and Pre-Sales function on all sales activities relating to the SharePoint platforms as well as methodology diagnostics and high-level solution architecting in relation to client demonstrations, functionality and capability questions and provide input into the business development.
Microsoft Collaboration Consultant - Remote
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate workshops to develop business requirements; create demonstrations to provide proof of concept; plan and assist the team in drafting statements of work to include estimation of effort/cost.
- Provide input and advice regarding Microsoft SharePoint Online/2019/2016/2013 capabilities, functions and features to clients and prospects.
- Conduct hands-on implementation, configuration, and development of the various components of SharePoint Online/2019/2016/2013.
- Build positive client relationships by developing an understanding of the client’s business processes.
- Able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of solution delivery patterns and practices, application lifecycle management approaches, with experience gained through all phases from design, development, test and release cycle to delivery and maintenance.
- Understand customer requirements and advise project team on highly specialized, complex solutions architecture and implementation.
- Participate as the technical expert in proposal development and presentations to prospective clients.
- Deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Adapt to different end-user learning styles when training, gathering requirements, etc.
- Create documentation for clients, including PowerPoint presentations and Visio workflows regarding functional and technical requirements, design, training, process engineering, etc.
- Assist internal resources with support or pre-sales of Microsoft SharePoint and related integrations.
- Support the growth of knowledge and skills within Capita by evangelising the latest technologies, building demonstrations of the latest technology and sharing the knowledge internally.
- Promoting Capita DDC as an expert source of knowledge regarding the latest technologies through blogs, user groups, conferences, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge of current and previous Microsoft SharePoint platforms
- Demonstrate an expert understanding in the Microsoft 365 workloads, including, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI), Logic Apps and Azure Functions
- Expert understanding of migration processes to migrate content and capabilities into Office 365 from on-premises and other cloud solutions
- Familiarity with migration tools and their constraints
- Demonstrable a background in solution definition and delivery for services being delivered to external customers
- Expert understanding of the Adoption and Change processes required to support migrations
- Demonstrable skills in facilitating workshops, gathering, and documenting requirements, translating requirements into business processes using BPMN techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees including C-level.
- Experience creating strong business cases supported by compelling value propositions.
- Ability to identify and map both the technical and business process landscape of an organisation
- Understanding the different licence levels and the capabilities and constraints of each Microsoft Technology
- Demonstrate a good understanding of development patterns and best practices for working with Office 365
- Proven experience in building different types of solutions, including intranets, process automation solutions, document management solutions, records management solutions and collaboration solutions
- Understanding of enterprise application architecture and technical architecture topology
About Capita Digital Development Centre UK & I:
Capita Digital Development Centre are specialists in the design, delivery, and support of the business-critical applications and databases that transform the way you do business.
We are experts in delivering peace of mind. With agile, scalable solutions and by transforming legacy applications and databases, we ensure you can react to the demands of your customers with a seamless service, no matter the challenge.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)