SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Metering Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Job Location: Durham
Remuneration: As Metering, you’ll receive a salary of between £28,000 to £30,000, depending on experience, plus you’ll benefit from a 10% performance bonus private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
- As Metering Manager you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the Electricity Metering dept and performing the function of an Appointed Electricity Meter Examiner in accordance with the requirements of Schedule 7 of the Electricity Act 1989 as amended.
- Assisting in business development as required and to provide specific technical support to expand the Company’s capability to offer valued services to clients
- Overseeing the management of the metering lab and to act as the notified body for MID Annex B
- Supporting NB report approvals and TCB certification if and when required.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Electricity Metering department covering Meter Approvals, Monitoring and Certification visits, and Meter disputes, and the effective utilisation of capital/manpower/consumable resource to ensure KPI’s / budgets are met.
- Liaise with NMO regarding the statutory requirements and completed approvals, assessments, monitoring, certification and dispute work due to the agreement in the contract with NMO.
- Maintain and expand, when necessary, UKAS accreditation for the Approvals Laboratory to ensure the ongoing commercial success of the Durham site
- Provide quotes for approval testing, MID audits and certification
- Liaise with meter manufactures to discuss new and existing projects
- Arrange internal and outsource testing when required to ensure internal and customer deadlines are meet encouraging repeat business from clients.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need recent experience working in electrical measurements , as well as extensive experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Analytical skills with a sound background in electrical/electronic engineering
- Up to date specialist expertise in electricity metering.
- Experience within the electrical/electronic testing industry and this organisation – no one is going to have knowledge of SGS but internal candidates.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- IT literate, particularly Microsoft software
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Understanding of EMC
- Electricity Metering background
- Clean Driving license
- Work experience in the electricity industry.
- Testing of electricity metering and the products
- Experience of working within a quality system
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.